What Is The Bigger Golf Red Flag?

Thrillbilly Jim

Naysayer Trendsetter
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
You get paired up with two random golfers. One has a bag full of blades. The other has a legit pro tour staff bag with his/her name on it. What is the bigger red flag?

Gotta be the staff bag with the name...odds that they should have that are slim and none.

I’m thinking it would be the staff bag.

Bag with your name on it is a red flag to me.

Like why? I don't get it. I've never once had someone mistake my bag for theirs or vice versa bc we didn't have our names on them.

I'm leaning name on bag.

Neither are a red flag. My buddy is a higher handicapper, plays blades including a 2 iron and hits them sweet. If I see someone with their name on their bag, my first thought is twat.

That depends. Is the name on the bag "Thrillbilly Jim"? 😁
Maybe?!🤣🤣🤣
Confused Basketball Wives GIF by VH1

I don't think either are a red flag, but I would say the staff bag between the two.

I don’t think I’d mind either of those options actually. Worst case scenario I find a new embroiderer, and get to maybe try a new butter knife.
Lodge 49 Lol GIF by AMC Networks

I guess it depends on what the Red Flag is supposed to represent. Are we talking that they will be a bad golfer or no fun on the course. Or are you talking about if you have a match/game to play against someone? If it's the latter then I'm probably more worried about the guy on the range with an old beat up bag and set that is dressed like much of a golfer but is striping the ball. That guy will be a stick and win the money.

You get paired up with two random golfers. One has a bag full of blades. The other has a legit pro tour staff bag with his/her name on it. What is the bigger red flag?
That I have a staff bag with my name on it and they proceed to watch me duff one of the first tee. Should I let them play through without me?

If you have your name on your bag like that you had better be able to back it up...

IMG_6341.jpeg
Ouch. Who hurt you?

I once got teamet up with a guy with a ryder cup team bag, with a name plate on it. I was playing with a good friend, and so was that Ryder cup guy. Ryder cup guy wearing Sun glasses and looking very classy, me looking, perhaps like a homeless, or a more relaxed guy. After playing 4 holes the ryder cup guy, started to relax and behave like a normal human being, as he could see,that my friend and me, were both a lot better golf players, than him and his friend. We ended up having a round in good company, and enjoyed a beer together afterwards. Sometimes people just sends wrong signals about themselves.
btw, i am a hcp 10 player, 60 years old, nothing special, just enjoying the game.

The red flag is the person judging them

If his name also has numbers in it, well I guess you know........ :ROFLMAO:

I got paired with a guy with blades, head covers, and a personalized bag. But hey, he shot the best 115 I’ve seen in awhile!

Staff bag. Hands down. I know golfers who play blades, probably shouldn't, but still play somewhat well.

Neither, I’m excited to meet new people who enjoy golf. Truth.

neither are red flags to me, I"m happy to play golf with anyone.

Bag with your name on it is a red flag to me.

Like why? I don't get it. I've never once had someone mistake my bag for theirs or vice versa bc we didn't have our names on them.
I had my name in my Veterans Golf Association bag as it was almost free to do and helped when at VGA tournaments to find mine among so many of the same

Only time I've been mistaken for a tour player was at the '21 Morgan Cup 😂👍🏼

Staff bag for sure

Neither. I'm not for yucking someone else's yum.

Back