What is the least amount of clubs you could play and stay within 5 of your current scoring average?

My scores tend to be all over the place. Right now I am riding all time lows but I bet that changes soon. I am going to go with 25 clubs. Yeah that might do it.

Sometimes I think I'd probably have the best score ever if I only played 7 iron and below hah! Got a longgg ways to go with this game.

I just did 5 rounds with 7 clubs in my bag for each round and basically shot what I do with a full set. Went 3W, 4H, 6I, 8I, PW, 54* and Putter. Could probably ditch the 6I and PW to stay within 5 so I will say 5.

I'll take a bite.

3W, 8I, 50*, Putter

I think I could play with 5 and be pretty close

I could do it with 5
driver, HW, 7i, PW and Putter.

3w,6i,8i,PW,SW,putter. So 6 clubs. Feel like it could get me close to my normal score.

I think I could cut to 5 clubs.

Driver, 5w, 7i, Gap, Putter

Driver, 8I, PW, SW, and putter

i have repeatedly played my home course at 6100 yards with a 7 iron only and my scoring is none the worse. Typically around 84 strokes. so i would guess to set a "bag" 5i, 8i, 50, putter

i think 4. 5w, 7i, sw, p

I think I could go with three Sadly enough. 5h, AW, and a putter.

I don’t know the answer. I suspect if I progressively played with fewer clubs there would be a threshold where my scores would go up. The crux is ability to cover a range of distances. With longer irons I can struggle with getting the face square on partial shots. It is simply a timing issue. I don’t practice those shots. I think somewhere around 5-7 would be my thresold.

On home course?

OG One, 5u, 8i, putter.

Four.

6 would be my guess. DR,4hy,8,PW,54,putter would be the choice.

Putter
56* SW
9-iron
6-iron
22* hybrid

Driver for a longer course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having such Blast doing this, I walked nine more this morning. I just can't get over the freedom it gives to just swing freely. No pressure, just take a swing without worry, find ball and swing again. I did add a 56w but only used it once. Last evening I crunched the yardages #'s and hit both par fives in 3 with a chance for bird(y) Also the 2 longest par 4's.
Never in trouble off the tee, and the 6 iron was of fire today ? Damn I love solid Iron shot.
Last four 9's in the low 40's...

4-wood, 5-iron, 8-iron, gap wedge, and putter --five clubs--and I could probably play withing five strokes of my scoring average.
(And I'm the guy who wants to fill up all fifteen slots in my cart bag.)

On a nice cool and dry day, when I feel physically up to it, I could probably walk the course with an old-fashioned pencil style carry bag and five clubs.
And I'm freaking old.

Back