What is the Longest Iron in You Are Comfortable Hitting?

I carry and use 3 hybrid.

7 iron. I have the set 6 iron. But, I am more consistent with the 5 hybrid.

#2 iron ... I hit it off the tee a lot

Lately, I've been strongly considering dialing down my King Tec 5 hybrid down a few degrees and adding a 5i back to the bag.

6i is the longest 'set' iron in my bag right now. Aside from that, I'm pretty comfortable hitting my 4ui.

I have and use a 2i from tee and fairway

7 iron.

I accept my limitations; I’m chasing breaking 100 and don’t carry clubs I can’t count on.

I can not hit a hybrid, so currently a 4i but may replace a FW with a 21* Utility iron or 3i as the swing improves.

A

Longest iron I have in the bag is a 5I. Longest iron I am absolutely comfortable to hit is the 7I. On a good day the 6I is comfy but most days are not good anymore lol

7i is the longest I’ll carry. I can probably hit a 6i fine but why? The hybrid is so much easier and more consistent.

6i as long as it’s 26* or weaker.

Back in the day, I didn’t hit my 2 and 3 iron blades very well. These days, my 4 iron is the same loft as my old 2 iron, but is much easier to hit. I’d have liked to try the 3 iron in my current set but Titleist doesn’t make one to match. My hybrid is a good substitute for a 3 iron

4 iron is the longest iron that I am comfortable pulling.

5i

22* 4 iron for rolling it onto the green.
25* 6 iron for long carry approach shots.

Longest iron I have in the bag is a 5I. Longest iron I am absolutely comfortable to hit is the 7I. On a good day the 6I is comfy but most days are not good anymore lol
Come on, I know you can still stroke a long iron!

For me, I bag an Aerojet 4i, and I love it.

First time, in a long time that I have been comfortable gaming a 5i and a 4i.

Just so good.

Off the deck, money on the shot, 6I, but I am carrying a 6H because I can. In yesterdays wind I was playing some old blades and was did just fine with my 2I. But it is what would be called a strong 4I in todays clubs. LOL.

I just added a T-200 4 iron to my set as I hit it really well in my fitting last September and I picked one almost new one with an Axiom staff for less than new one with steel shaft.

I have hit it about 5 times and simulator and in my first round and it is great. Easy to launch and has similar distance to my 21° UW that I had to pull out of the bag to make room.

Last edited:
I love my LTDx 5i and I have had a Darkspeed OL 4i in the basket on Cobras site for awhile.
Now that golf season is upon us I might have to get my order in.

Current set up is 5i. I am pretty sure I have seen my last 3i. 4i still has years of eligibility.

Back