What is the most accurate driver you have ever gamed?

R9 Supertri

Definitely could not agree more the Supertri was the most accurate driver I've ever gamed. I could swing as hard as I wanted and all it did was go straight where I aimed it great driver still have might have to pull it back out and game it a little while.

My current stick, 913 D2; not the longest but keeps me in the fairways more than any other driver I've had in the bag.

I have to agree. I've tested a bunch and that 913D2 was the straightest and most consistent. Sadly it was also about 10 - 15 yards shorter than 2 or 3 clubs that I'd rate ahead of it.

I already voted but to reiterate me and my amp cell hit 7/14 fairways with 5 of the misses on the first cut.

I have to agree. I've tested a bunch and that 913D2 was the straightest and most consistent. Sadly it was also about 10 - 15 yards shorter than 2 or 3 clubs that I'd rate ahead of it.

Found that true as well, not as long as others I've had and do have... but I can say loosing 15 yards has cost me less strokes than being in the thick stuff or trees.

got to be the r7 460cc Driver !!!

Amp cell hands down

R1 for me hands down. Main reason I'm not planning on selling it yet.

So many votes for the Amp Cell! I've never tried one, but it certainly seems like I should.

These posts are really making me regret making the smart financial choice and picking the Razr Fit over the Amp Cell, which was my original choice :confused2:

they're all incredibly accurate if you hit them perfectly, aren't they? Isn't this really just another way to say forgiving, or am i misunderstanding? Either way, probably my amp cell with 70g KK shaft. Though for some reason i'm drawn more to my Classic XL. More distance, but just tad a little less forgiving.

Before I got my 913, I'd have to say my Nike VRS was the straightest driver I had owned - the 913 has better feel, and with the shaft I have in it, I'm longer than my VRS

I'm not a long hitter, but as many others have stated, I would and do prefer being more consistent and in the fairway vs an extra 10 yds with less consistency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My R11. Man I wish I still had that thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adams Redline 10.5* with Fujikura G60 Reg shaft

Ping K15 ive never hit so many fairways before.

Had this one for a little bit too. Too spinny for me but a solid driver no doubt.

Had this one for a little bit too. Too spinny for me but a solid driver no doubt.

Have to admit I have also never hit such high shots in my life, but that's usually when im trying too hard.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

My last four drivers fit this topic.

Cobra S3, Amp Cell & BIO cell

Big Bertha

Last edited:
Have to admit I have also never hit such high shots in my life, but that's usually when im trying too hard.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yup. Higher spin will do that haha

You're not the first person who's said that driver was point and shoot. Even used they hold their value pretty highly, like almost all Ping gear.

You're not the first person who's said that driver was point and shoot. Even used they hold their value pretty highly, like almost all Ping gear.

Definitely agree re: used value. I refused to pay more than £75 for it, took me ages to hunt one down and they still go for £90 on Ebay. What I like about it is it's not a particular 'offset' model so I don't feel like I'm cheating. AFAIK it's all to do with weighting. Heres to hoping that with the Karsten irons they will release a new K driver!

I"ve had a $hit ton of drivers & the only one I"ve kept in my bag for over a year & can't replace is a 2009 Nike Dymo - thing apparently just suits me - straight, medium ball flight & sounds great.

SLDR - my fairway hit percentage is up 8% since switching to the driver in November.

For me it's a Callaway Razr Fit with a stock REGULAR shaft. I went through a driver fitting last spring and ended up trading away the Fit--and still regret it. I've recently purchased a Big Bertha stock regular in hopes of finding the similar magic of the Fit, but after three rounds, I'd say it's definitely still a work in progress.

New BB with the Alpha stiff shaft, incredible accuracy with the same old swing, misses are almost always close to the fairway.

they're all incredibly accurate if you hit them perfectly, aren't they? Isn't this really just another way to say forgiving, or am i misunderstanding? Either way, probably my amp cell with 70g KK shaft. Though for some reason i'm drawn more to my Classic XL. More distance, but just tad a little less forgiving.

You bring up an interesting concept -- what is "forgiving"? Is it the act of getting livable distance and direction off of really off-center hits? Is it the result that pretty much regardless of where you hit it, the club goes generally straight? Or is it the ability of the club to swing back to center more easily than other clubs?

I've had drivers that offered all of these facets of "forgiveness". All are good, but the one that intrigues me the most is the last one. For some reason, some clubs can just produce more close to center hits than others (I use a lot of impact tape in my club testing). The 913D2 offered more of the second type of "forgiveness" in my testing. Everything went generally straight, even the short off-center hits. On the opposite end of the spectrum was the Nike Covert 1.0, which produced a few longish hits, but EVERYTHING had action on it, from snap hooks to banana slices. I play the Optiforce 460 because for some mysterious reason, probably a fortuitous combination of shaft and head and swing, everything returns closer to center for me than with other clubs.

Back