What is the most accurate driver you have ever gamed?

For me it's a Callaway Razr Fit with a stock REGULAR shaft. I went through a driver fitting last spring and ended up trading away the Fit--and still regret it. I've recently purchased a Big Bertha stock regular in hopes of finding the similar magic of the Fit, but after three rounds, I'd say it's definitely still a work in progress.

Sssssh (Whispering) Keep this on the down low Pete, because the powers that be don't like anyone denigrating the BB, but I agree with you. I tested both the BB and BBA and did not like them. I gamed an RF, then an RFX, then my current Opti and loved them all, felt I was improving each time. When I hit the BB's I was sorely disappointed. I didn't find either to be very forgiving or long. Both felt dull and dead sounding. I didn't get much fade or draw responsiveness out of the BB's slider weight. So I'm happily back to my Opti after selling the BB to a guy in Slingerlands up by you.

Sssssh (Whispering) Keep this on the down low Pete, because the powers that be don't like anyone denigrating the BB, but I agree with you. I tested both the BB and BBA and did not like them. I gamed an RF, then an RFX, then my current Opti and loved them all, felt I was improving each time. When I hit the BB's I was sorely disappointed. I didn't find either to be very forgiving or long. Both felt dull and dead sounding. I didn't get much fade or draw responsiveness out of the BB's slider weight. So I'm happily back to my Opti after selling the BB to a guy in Slingerlands up by you.

This is ok man. Not everyone will like every club. It's just great that we have so many options as consumers to find what we do like. And it sounds like you found yours.

You bring up an interesting concept -- what is "forgiving"? Is it the act of getting livable distance and direction off of really off-center hits? Is it the result that pretty much regardless of where you hit it, the club goes generally straight? Or is it the ability of the club to swing back to center more easily than other clubs?

I've had drivers that offered all of these facets of "forgiveness". All are good, but the one that intrigues me the most is the last one. For some reason, some clubs can just produce more close to center hits than others (I use a lot of impact tape in my club testing). The 913D2 offered more of the second type of "forgiveness" in my testing. Everything went generally straight, even the short off-center hits. On the opposite end of the spectrum was the Nike Covert 1.0, which produced a few longish hits, but EVERYTHING had action on it, from snap hooks to banana slices. I play the Optiforce 460 because for some mysterious reason, probably a fortuitous combination of shaft and head and swing, everything returns closer to center for me than with other clubs.

I think what you are referring to here is why I made the thread. Some clubs are just fairway finders. No rhyme or reason, they just flat out perform. Others don't for the same reasons.

My Altitdue Driver has been the most accurate driver I have ever gamed, hands down. The lateral forgiveness in this thing is amazing.

In looking at the Amp Cells .. is there any difference in the colors? Lie? Or, just a color choice? :)

Just color, that's all.

Nike SQ 5900 for me. The Covert I'm gaming now is pretty darn accurate as well, although I've only had it in the bag for one round.

I'm just under 60% FIR so my current R11 is fairly accurate. The driver where I just never felt like I missed a fairway though was my old R5. I loved that club!!!!!

Adams speed liner F11. Very reliable, long and straight for me. I keep trying new drivers and wind up sticking with the F11. Haven't tried many of the 2014 models yet though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
It was a 43 inch steel shafted 12* driver made by one iron golf. By far the most accurate--I lost allot of distance off the tee though and could out drive with my 3 wood. So I stay with the longer driver and use 3 wood when I need to be in the middle.

Confidence is definitely the greatest driver. If you feel good with a driver in your hands, you have your most accurate driver.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Tapatalk

My current setup of a Cobra Encore ZL with a B. Asha has been impossible to beat for me. I will be going in for a driver fitting this spring and test it against all the latest drivers.

My current setup of a Cobra Encore ZL with a B. Asha has been impossible to beat for me. I will be going in for a driver fitting this spring and test it against all the latest drivers.

You hit my big Bertha pretty darn good :)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I would have to say the Razr Fit....that thing was just a fairway finder for me.....still wish I hadn't given it to my brother.

I am really looking at the Big Bertha right now...hoping it has that quality to it as well.

At the minute it has to be my current gamer the Callaway XHot, longest I've hit (to date) and finds the fairways 85-90% of the time, will only finding the light rough on occasions. I got it fitted for the club and there was a deal, buy the driver get a Hybrid free.

I was on the range recently and a guy that I got talking to was trying out his new Big Bertha. He offered me to hit a few shots, which I did. I didn't see any real difference between the XHot & BB, although I was holding back a bit, as I didn't want to damage/chip the guys new driver!

A lot of you have given your vote to the Cobra Amp Cell. Question, do you play the stock shaft or have you replaced it?

The reason I ask, is I was talking to a fitter in store at the time that I was changing my driver and he stated that problem with the Amp Cell was the cheap shaft.

Amp pro cell for me too. Two rounds this week with it and striped several fairways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of you have given your vote to the Cobra Amp Cell. Question, do you play the stock shaft or have you replaced it?

The reason I ask, is I was talking to a fitter in store at the time that I was changing my driver and he stated that problem with the Amp Cell was the cheap shaft.
[/QUOTE]

I use it with the stock shaft but I have also played the project x shafts for a while in other clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use it with the stock shaft but I have also played the project x shafts for a while in other clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Aftermarket for me. Jman made a comment several months ago about the right shaft "unlocking" the head of the AMP cell. Totally totally true. If you find the right shaft for you, there is no better head out there in my opinion.

At the minute it has to be my current gamer the Callaway XHot, longest I've hit (to date) and finds the fairways 85-90% of the time, will only finding the light rough on occasions. I got it fitted for the club and there was a deal, buy the driver get a Hybrid free.

I was on the range recently and a guy that I got talking to was trying out his new Big Bertha. He offered me to hit a few shots, which I did. I didn't see any real difference between the XHot & BB, although I was holding back a bit, as I didn't want to damage/chip the guys new driver!

I agree with the fitter. The stock didn't do anything for me. At all.

Not having had one in the bag for a long time, I took a bit of a risk buying a Cleveland Classic XL without hitting it, but after a couple of rounds, it seems like I got lucky and found quite a good combination. The last round I played I pulled it on almost every par 4/5 and I think I only missed about 3 or 4 fairways all round

As for the comments about the Amp Cell, I was able to hit it but only with the stock shaft and I was not a fan of the shaft either

I have an Arthur Xtreme XCaliber shaft in my AMP Cell. Absolute fairway finder. The stock R shift felt like a wet noodle, and the stock S didn't feel much better. But I knew going into this head that the stock shaft wast going to stay.

After a really good range session yesterday between the AMP Cell and the Bio Cell, I've decided the AMP Cell is staying in the bag.

I don't know if it was the driver or my swing but I gamed an old Callaway c4 big bertha for several years and I hardly missed fairways with that so that would get my vote.

Back