What is the one golf accessory you can’t live without now?

That post

aka GolfOrElse
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Boycotting
For me, it’s a groove it brush.

This happened last week
1713205164137.png

Played a little bit this weekend and realized I absolutely have to have one. On my way to the Golf store now.

GPS watch.

Some sort of distance measuring device. I use a gps watch and a laser.

Laser rangefinder. I've only played a handful of rounds since 1996 without one.

FlaskCap

Laser rangefinder. I've only played a handful of rounds since 1996 without one.

yeah other than clubs and balls---gotta be the rangefinder

Great question? I would say a range finder.

GPS. 18 Birdies on my Apple Watch is incredible.

As an experiment I played two rounds recently using a GPS app on my phone instead of my laser. It was a course I am familiar with but not my home course so I definitely needed to check distances from time to time during each round.

The result of the experiment? It was a very frustrating experience doing without the laser, GPS just stinks as a distance tool (exception being blind shots where GPS would be the only possible source of information). Never again will I play anywhere but my home course without taking my laser along.

I do sometimes play without the laser on my home course but after nearly 3,000 rounds there, I'm not often faced with a shot I haven't had many times before.

Great question? I would say a range finder.
Wow, I guess a range finder is so engrained in my golf experience that I didn’t even think of it being an accessory and instead a piece of mandatory equipment like a putter.

All I got out of that OP is that Groove Its suck and aren't there for you when you need them. 😆

All I got out of that OP is that Groove Its suck and aren't there for you when you need them. 😆
You’re not wrong I’ve had to spit on my golf clubs the past two rounds

Which is sometimes cathartic if I’m being honest

I'd say GPS is my one piece... I do use a range finder but only on par 3's, everywhere else is just a glance at the GPS.

My watch with golf app on it, use it on every hole.

Range finder.

GPS, rangefinder or whatever distance measuring device. I suppose you can always guess with the barber poles or sprinkler heads, but a lot less convenient.

I have played with a small towel clipped to a belt loop for years, not like a golf towel , but like a 5" x 5" towel.

Always able to clean the ball or club face, no matter where I am. Extra handy on the greens without bringing a full size towel along.

Glove then range finder

Rangefinder, if I'm at an unfamiliar course. Otherwise, club brush/wet towel.

CaddySplash club cleaner. Indispensable since getting my first one last year.

61+QKlm7KbL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

GPS, I hate not having it.

Back