What is your biggest fear on the golf course?

Breaking a club

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Second shots after a good drive. For whatever reason I get nervous on those. I often score better on lousy drives.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yellow jackets, after I once stepped unknowingly directly on their in-ground nest that was at the tree line, not more than 10 feet from the green. They are M-E-A-N and have LOTS of pissed off friends!!!

A distant second is cars and houses (and the people containing them) in slicing range of my tee shot.

Forgetting to yell FORE at the group in front of me

Missing the ball entirely. As a new golfer I've had more than my share of whiffs.

Looking at a putt to a hole on enough slope that I know if it misses, it will not stop near the hole. My last time out, I stuck my approach on #14 to 9 feet right of the hole, which was set on a slope on the dormant green. It had a big left break - I knew any miss would not stop. Sure enough, it just missed and kept trickling 15 feet past. I tried 6 more times, even trying to leave it short - couldn't be done and couldn't be stopped within 12 feet. maybe this should be in the rant thread, but no pin should be set in a position that a ball cannot be stopped within 3 feet.

Playing through.

Never enjoy the pressure of playing through the group ahead.

Normally, I'm the same way. I think I've figured it out. Last time I played through, I told the foursome I was playing through that I'd play the current hole (10th) with them, then putt out first and take off on the next hole. Seemed to work. I piped one about 280ish down the middle, dropped a GW in to about 3' or less from just over 100 out, then hit the putt for a birdie on one of the hardest holes on that course. I'll take that any day.

I'm not sure what to say. I don't really fear much. Maybe a twisted ankle, a hosel rocket, or hitting someone, but I'm fairly attentive so I don't think I have to worry about 1 or 3. As for the hosel rockets, I think I hit enough of them last summer to suffice for the rest of my career.

Having a $20 dollar bet with $10 in my pocket!

Playing..... with.... a..... slug.....

Seriously, waiting for you to go over every lesson you’ve ever had while standing over every shot and putt(all 4 of them). Then regaling me with your abilities and travels to the Old Course.

Riiiiiiight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back