What is your current equipment battle?

The spot for my 3 hybrid is open now. I want to try a driving iron in that spot this year. Just not sure what yet.

I'm always fighting with the driver. I thought changing heads to a low spinning head would get me where I would like to be, but it wasn't enough for the few 70 gram shafts I've tried. So it looks like I'll be searching for an 80 gram to get the numbers as good as possible.

And I'm going to Club Champion this month just because. So who knows after that.

for me its finding the right putter. I cannot find one I just truly love. My eyes right now are set on trying out a evnroll. Read and seen a lot of great things with this putter. Really liking the ER2 model.

Putter battle, as always.

Mid Mallet vs. Full Mallet.

I struggle between a mallet or blade. I really like the look of a blade as it fits my eye but I like the forgiveness of a mallet with the increased MOI.

Not buying anything until I get told I should get fitted ����

Really it's the toughest bag battle of all, no battle

Irons and driver. Steelhead XR vs Apex Pro 16s and Ping G 10.5 vs EPIC GBB vs Epic SZ. Going to be tough as I honestly have no clue what will win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epic vs Epic SZ. Wish I could put one of each in the bag for a while.

Apex CF 16 6-Aw Recoil 680's and my current gamers XR PROS 110 C-Taper lites.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The battle for me will be top of the bag driver epic(s) vs f7(s) and FWD's

Whether or not I should go Driver/Heavenwood/4H then into my irons, or drop the hybrid in favor of Driver/3W/HWood.

Honestly I love a 4i for low running punch shots, and fight every single hybrid I try. The 3W is almost exclusively an off the tee club for me, and my driver's been coming around to the point where I'd only pull 3W on a tight par 4... which I could also use the HWood on.

Got rid of strong 3 wood.
Went Driver, 16* fwy, 19* fwy, added 22* hyb, then 5i down.
We'll see how long hyb stays in.

No battles here. I love my Srixon 765's and my Cleveland wedges. Soon I will be putting an Epic driver in the bag.

Putters. Don't have any other extra clubs so it's what is in my bag or nothing regarding the other 13 spots.

The Divine Nine versus 4H.

The Apex16 4i and 3 hybo are constantly screaming at other.

There will be a driver battle in the pre and early season, though based on my fitting results, I think I know which one is going to win (hint, it rhymes with Fightin). Then the question will be shaft - stock or PX Handcrafted?

I also may have an iron battle, if I can get a set of JPX 850 / 900 Forged with Recoils for cheap (I know, fat chance!). Reasonably happy with my setup, but my fitting showed me there's room for improvement.

There will be a driver battle in the pre and early season, though based on my fitting results, I think I know which one is going to win (hint, it rhymes with Fightin). Then the question will be shaft - stock or PX Handcrafted?

I also may have an iron battle, if I can get a set of JPX 850 / 900 Forged with Recoils for cheap (I know, fat chance!). Reasonably happy with my setup, but my fitting showed me there's room for improvement.
I should have my Epic Sub Zero by the time you visit just to muddy the waters a little bit hehe.

I should have my Epic Sub Zero by the time you visit just to muddy the waters a little bit hehe.

Following Rory around with your driver choices lately, eh? :alien:

I will absolutely give that a shot. Although I'm not sure whether the SZ would be the right fit for me, but who knows?

I have the same two equipment battles I seem to have every year...

Driver shaft and choice of 5wd/Hybrid/Long iron

For 2017 I'm foreseeing a putter battle in my bag.

Whether to buy an additional Epic SZ head to go with the Epic I ordered!

Right now, it's my frustration vs. the snow and the snow is winning. But I'll wear it down eventually and when I do, I think the two most likely battles are Epic or Epic SZ vs. my XR16 Pro and a putter battle of some kind. I'm not necessarily giving up on the Cure, but I might give something else a try for awhile too.

I was going to say putter and driver, but the Betti BB0 Raw Proto seems to be staking a strong claim for the putter spot. In the driver area, I'm going to have quite the clash over the next months between my trusted G30 LSTec, W/S Triton, and Epic SZ. I really do trust the LSTec, but both the Triton and Epic SZ have given strong initial "opening remarks". May the best club win!

Last edited:
Ping Ketsch against odyssey works 2 ball tank

I got old clubs. Can't upgrade at once so looking at wedges. Looking for the best wedge under $250 for 3.

More or less a putter battle in the garage for the rest of the winter. Apparently I have developed a putter fetish as I have bought 4 in the last year. Once the foot gets better and I receive my fantasy football winnings I am going for a driver fitting. That battle will be between the latest offerings from TM, Callaway, and Ping.

Cobra One Length vs Srixon 565s

Back