What is your fairway percentage?

IMG_0901.jpeg
Seems I have a bit of a 2 way miss problem.

74%

Mine is 52%. But my home course is extremely tight with a lot of trees. When I play other courses it is 86%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55%

Grint has me at 40% over the last 20 rounds.

I'm at 47% with an 8 hcp and feel pretty good about it as my home course has narrow fairways. There's nothing as fun as going 14/14 on a nice wide resort course...

Screenshot_20240307-202402~2.png

Mine is pretty pathetic, like 30% if that. Something I really hope to improve this year.

I hit 58% last year. That is with all clubs across roughly 60 rounds.

Around 75% last year.

Based on 27 rounds so far in 2024:

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 8.42.14 PM.png

Probably at least 75% but my GIRs are less than 20%. There lies my problem.

Depends on what your definition of a fairway is.

If it's not sitting near a root or blocked by a tree.........I'm good with it. ;)

85-90%, closer to 95% in play. Probably the only advantage of being a short hitter.

This year I’m at 48%. Last year I finished at 43%

Last 10 rounds
71.4% fairways hit
286 longest
244 average
That includes both the driver and the 13.5* Burner Mini fairway finder.
No balls out of play.

It varies a lot by how tight the course is and how familiar I am with it. I strive for 80% but I also hit a fairway wood or my driving iron off the tee about 5-6 times each round.

Per Shotscope:

46% Fairway
26% Left Rough
13% Right Rough
3% Bunker
11% Penalty

Really looking to drop that Penalty number this season.

-87.6% because I don't trust my new draw.

Your effort would be better spent tracking the percentage of tee shots that avoid hazards, penalties and stay between the tree lines.

The meaning of fairway vs. not fairway is far too variable, dependent on course setup and conditions, to be useful for actual analytics.

I'm a double-digit handicap so shooting in the 70's is rare. I've shot in the 70's with anywhere from 5/14 to 12/14 "fairways hit", that stat simply is not predictive of success for my game. But when I do break 80, it's never with more than one or two tee shots hit into the woods and it's never with penalty strokes off the tee. More than a very, very small number of tee shots hit into trouble is predictive of a poor score.

Last edited:
Back