What is your fairway percentage?

Take Two Taketwoabc GIF by ABC Network

Currently sitting at a solid 34.8%.

I am right around 60% for the year with the driver and 3W. Much, much higher on some shorter par 4s where I can use a 5W or 4H and still have a reasonable approach shot.

39% but I don’t out as much stock in that at my course. I’ve had days where I was driving it great and right where I wanted but didn’t hit a fairway because I went long through the dogleg or it’s a drivable green and I was in green side rough or bunkers.

Hopefully better than previous years after I get fitted for a driver for the first time this weekend.

~45%

I'm low, 35-40% and seem to miss right or left 30% equally.

37% is my current average. No bueno. I don't take a lot of penalties but I do end up punching out or in bad angles way more than I should.

Goal is to increase that this year to around 50% or more. Lessons are illuminating the reasons for it - strike location very inconsistent.

Somedays I am in the 50-70% range and then some days its like 20%.
My home course where I played league for the last few years had like 6-7 slanted fairways where unless it was perfectly placed you would roll down to the first cut.

It was phenomenal on Tuesday! Just don't ask me my percentage of greens hit with wedge in my hand :cry:

All rounds (since I first started playing, over 100+) I'm at 72%
Last 20 rounds - 82%
Last 5 rounds - 84%

I just erased my Shotscope stats, so that I could start over with the new year, but I normally range between 55% and 60%. However, our fairways tend to be more generous out here in the desert.

Last edited:
Fairway - 75%
Green- 25 % :(
Putts per GIR - 1.85

I’ve been over 60% the last 4 years. Now I need to convince myself to get a new driver but old reliable keeps me from doing it.

Last year it was 52%. In '22 it was 40% but in the last half of the season I was hitting around 60%.

My problem isn't the driver. It's the shot after the driver.

Last year it was 52%. In '22 it was 40% but in the last half of the season I was hitting around 60%.

My problem isn't the driver. It's the shot after the driver.
Same

38% in 2023
29% in 2024 so far, but very limited data at this point.

I’m right at 38%. Definitely need to work on hitting more fairways.

44% last year.

I understand (and trust) that overall, a high percentage of fairways hit are not as important as distance, but my personal stats don't align. I wish I were playing those courses or that I could maintain my 44% without a high percentage of the misses being so damaging.

I had an epiphany last year while playing alongside a short knocker who could barely get the ball up in the air but kept it in the fairway hole after hole. He was a better golfer than me simply because of that.

35%.

I care very little about fairways - despite my bad fairway percentage driving is the statistically the strongest area of my game. I care much more about how often I hit a drive into a penalty or recovery situation (which unfortunately is still more often than I'd like). Fairway percentage can vary drastically depending on how far you hit it and the width of the fairways you play.

Last edited:
Back