What is your ringtone and why did you choose it?

Leftyuk

Reaction score
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Handicap
For the last twelve years , I have used the ringtone below, having edited out the first five seconds.

Black Dog (Remaster) - YouTube

I have just upgraded to an Apple 12 and have decided to go with a new ringtone. Decision not to be rushed or taken lightly.

1. Needs to be attention seeking so I remember it is my phone....I'm 65 so things are not as simple for me.
2. Needs to a song I like.....very little decent music has been released since 1980.
3. Needs to be different to other people's so there are no false alarms.

Black Dog satisfied all of the above and Robert Plant has served me well.

Short list :

1. Sweet Home Alabama - LS
Sweet Home Alabama - YouTube
2.Mid part of The Chain - FM, the theme to Grand Prix on BBC tv
Grand Prix 2011- Theme Tune - YouTube
3. Sylvia - Focus
Focus - Sylvia - YouTube

But my final choice and new ringtone is.........................

Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4 (Official Audio) - YouTube

:twist::twist::twist:

What is your choice?

Mine is vibrate because ringtones are obnoxious. Often mine is silent because talking on the phone is also obnoxious.

Vibrate, hate ringtones

Mine is the laugh from this

Mostly because we always watched this movie with friends in college and it just has so many quotable scenes

The British show The Avengers from the sixties theme song. Just think it's a catchy tune.

Stock ringtone- used to do custom for people and myself, then I got old haha
iPhone stock “Strum” but 90% of the time, my phone is on vibrate.

I haven’t had a custom ringtone in a long, long time. I used to have “Take This Job and Shove It” as my ringtone for the office and my partner.

my general ringtone is the instrumentals to Haters Gonna Hate by Taylor Swift.

The only exception would be for when my wife calls, it is the main theme song from The Crown

Silent or Vibrate. I can never remember to turn my ring tone off, so I just leave it on silent. My smartwatch usually alerts me to phone calls.

I have some sort of stock iPhone tone and it is on vibrate. Frequently my phone is on silent and my watch vibrates.

Mine is Al Czervic's car horn from Caddyshack. My wife hates it.

Mine is the first 25 seconds or so of this one, and has been since my first cell phone about twenty years ago. My cell phones have always been for work, and with all the business travel, I was often "Over the Hills and Far Away".

Ringtone for when the wife calls - excerpt from Little Wonders by Rob Thomas. It was released during some of the most difficult times of my wife and my lives, and shortly thereafter we met. The song talks about having gone through troubles, and learning to enjoy what's right in front of you and the joy that can come from that.

I don't use a ringtone. I always have mine on vibrate.

I had to check what my ringtone was and it was stock, cannot remember the last time I had the ringtone turned on phone is on vibrate or silent.

Airwolf. Classic 80’s theme tune and I work in aviation.

Theme from the TV show The Rockford Files. Loved the show and my deceased father had a resemblance to James Garner. So it’s in homage to him as well.
Also have Crocketts Theme from the Miami Vice TV show for my wife’s calls.

Last edited:
Ringtone for my wife - This Girl Is On Fire by Alicia Keyes. Because my wife is hot!
Ringtone for my son - The gummi bear song. Cuz it's weird. So is he.:ROFLMAO:
Ringtone for my stepdaughter - Tik Tok by Ke$ha. Because she's a rock star.

The rest is standard ring tones for everything else.

right now mine is "Christmas Vacation" theme. during halloween i do the "halloween" theme. 4th of july i might drop some "rocky" theme. but most of the time i go with "peanut butter jelly time" from family guy.

wife gets a star wars song....usually the darth intro song...lol

Just a stock ringtone for me.

I've had the same ringtone for a good 5-6 years now. It's part of the song Tarzan Boy by Baltimora. In reality, my phone is on vibrate 95% of the time, so I only hear it when I am either driving in the car or when using it as an alarm.

Back