What is Your Worst Score in One Hole?

I had a couple upside down 6's today.... That was no Bueno... Especially the par 3 where I went water, water, bunker, bunker, bunker before finally chipping a foot from the hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a 14 on a Par 3 in a tournament way back in high school. OB left and all water right....I lost quite a few balls that hole.

I've had a three on ONE swing ... at a THP event no less. Hit ball, hit shaft, hit blade again ...

I've had a three on ONE swing ... at a THP event no less. Hit ball, hit shaft, hit blade again ...

Don't forget your penalties, haha.

I've had alot of blowup holes over the years... 12,13, maybe higher. But one hole that stands out recently was on our annual Laughlin trip. We were playing Los Lagos in Mojave City on Superbowl Sunday... 50mph winds. On one particular par 4 I went 5w, wedge to the green. Pin was back left and my approach shot hit probably 6' left of the pin and spun to the front left of the green. 30' birdie putt missed and I'm left with a 4 footer for par. The wind really picks up and I hit my par putt. It came about an inch short of the hole and the wind blew the ball all the way off the front right onto the fringe leaving me about a 60 footer. Took me a few to get it to stay up by the hole. On in 2 and 7 putt for a healthy 9. I've never been a club thrower, but I seriously considered airmailing my GoLo after that.

I normally pick up once I get to double par or double digits, but I was +4 through 11 at Rutgers in 2013 and carded a 12 on #12. I was having a great day until then.

I'm not REALLY sure what my highest score is but the one I remember is the 12 I had on the first hole of my first high school golf tournament. 2 balls OB right, next left into trees that was unplayable, back to the tee, one more OB to the right, finally hit the fairway with a 5 iron. RAN from the tee box, embarrassed as hell - pretty much unforgettable.

Don't forget your penalties, haha.
Fortunately it's just one extra stroke. The fact that it was on a par 3 (after I dunked one in the water) meant it was a pretty cruddy hole. At that point I just picked up, seeing as how the ball rolled back down hill, giving me a shot that would have been farther than the original tee shot ... and everyone was basically done with the hole anyways.

I stopped counting because I didn't know how all the penalties worked out. It was a lot.

Back