What must play courses did you check off of your list in 2022?

e1iterate

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
For me I was able to play 2 that I had really been after to play. Sage Valley & Quail Hollow.

I got the opportunity to play Sage Valley back in January and again this past week. Such an absolutely pure golf experience walking with your own caddie. Conditions would be described as not a blade of grass out of place. Transfusions flowing and super slick greens. A truly special experience for anyone that appreciates just how pure golf can be

Quail Hollow was another for me. A really good friend whose parents are members here had been trying to get me on there for a while but Covid came and no guests were allowed for a while. Finally this year, about a month before the Presidents Cup, he calls and says let’s go! This round was special due to the fact that most of the grandstands were all up creating a very special experience here not to mention the absolutely pure conditions.

How about the rest of you THPers? Any bucket list courses this year for you or special places you got to cross off of your list? I’m sure we will see some Dormie Network courses for some along with a special place down in La Quinta, CA.

No crazy courses this year for me other than getting to play @JB ‘s course at the Rivalry which I really enjoyed.

Ballyhack... easily my favorite course I've ever played.

I have to figure out how to go back.......

1671804898531.png

It was a great year for great courses.

Sand Valley, Mammoth Dunes, Whistling Straits, Erin Hills.

And of course the Hideaway.

It's going to be very difficult to come close to that in 2023.

Played Pasatiempo, Pinehurst 3,5,6,9, Spanish Bay, Mossy Oak, Old Waverly, Colonial Country Club, Seminole Legacy, Gaylord Springs golf links, Bluegrass Yacht&Country Club, and Ole Miss Golf Club.

All brand new, so I consider that a pretty darn good year.

Tobacco Road
5FBAA887-1B2A-48B5-B2C1-BC73142D0873.jpeg86DB1A04-5830-403F-8DEA-ED8B0A0DBA65.jpeg9857B147-E424-4822-923A-0D2D75BB0384.jpeg5DE974D9-801F-4116-B463-55E44F4E8FC8.jpeg

Nothing crazy. True Blue was fun and Hershey Country Club was really nice.

Played Pasatiempo, Pinehurst 3,5,6,9, Spanish Bay, Mossy Oak, Old Waverly, Colonial Country Club, Seminole Legacy, Gaylord Springs golf links, Bluegrass Yacht&Coujtry Club, and Ole Miss Golf Club.

Daaaaaamn. That's a list.
Also, thanks for the invitations 🙄

Definitely Victoria National for me!

Daaaaaamn. That's a list.
Also, thanks for the invitations 🙄
Yeah you kinda just got back from this trip to California when I did my pinehurst stuff. I figured you may have been a bit burnt out

Tobacco Road, Mid Pines, Pine Needles, Dormie Club were all a fun swing through NC.

Played Gallery South in Tucson (Home of the LIV event in a few months)

Played Pasatiempo, Pinehurst 3,5,6,9, Spanish Bay, Mossy Oak, Old Waverly, Colonial Country Club, Seminole Legacy, Gaylord Springs golf links, Bluegrass Yacht&Country Club, and Ole Miss Golf Club.

That’s a great list brother. I need to get on your level.

I checked off some from the bucket list this year: Pebble, Spyglass, Pasatiempo, Old Waverly and Mossy Oak.

Incredibly impressive list. Very kind of you to include my course. It is the “which one of these doesn’t belong on this list” course.

Incredibly impressive list. Very kind of you to include my course. It is the “which one of these doesn’t belong on this list” course.
It was still a fun track that was beyond unfair with those green speeds and pin locations!

That’s a great list brother. I need to get on your level.
Note those were all the new one. There were some repeat customers that didn’t make the list :)

Three for me this year. Old Waverly and Mossy Oak. Thanks again @Parrot for organizing that one. Third is Belle Meade County Club in Nashville.

1671807738993.jpeg

Back