What Olympic sport has "Shawshanked" you this year?

USMCbomber0311

Let the big dog eat
Reaction score
Handicap
Every year when the Olympics come around I find myself glued to the television watching obscure sporting events like they were the final round of the Masters. This year I can't get enough of indoor volleyball....... :desire:

What Olympic event has you glued to your TV late at night on a school night?

Sunday I was glued to the Women's Cycling. It is insane how fast they travel downhill. That crash was horrific but really made me not want to move away.

I wish speed walking was still an event....

honestly, whatever is on tv. you couldn't pay me to watch a majority of these sports any time besides the olympics. maybe it's because it's the best of the best of the best, maybe it's patriotism, maybe it's all of the above. i just love it.

Rugby and water polo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugby and volleyball will get me glued to the TV all year if I could find it, I love it! the other sports... not so much

honestly, whatever is on tv. you couldn't pay me to watch a majority of these sports any time besides the olympics. maybe it's because it's the best of the best of the best, maybe it's patriotism, maybe it's all of the above. i just love it.

It is funny, I would never in a million years watch some of the sports I watch outside of an Olympic year. I think its the amount of work that went into it and how much it means to the athletes. That's what makes Swimming and Gymnastics so cool, the Olympics truly is the pinnacle of those sports. I could really care less about Olympic basketball...

I find myself glued to the TV anytime Women's Beach Volleyball is on. Don't understand why.

I'm a big fan of women's beach volleyball. Also handball is a lot of fun to watch.

So far it's been Rugby. My daughter has been really into synchronized diving too.

I'd like to catch more volleyball and handball.

I love the Olympics period. I'll watch whatever I can but I absolutely love watching those guys play table tennis. They're incredible.

Fencing, we are learning a whole new sport in my house, I totally thought it was whomever hit first, but boy was I wrong, there are a whole bunch on small details and point scorings!

water polo is the best to watch! I'm a sucker for diving as well

Rugby and Kayaking

Love watching indoor volleyball. I'll usually learn something and am just amazed at how incredible they are.

Sunday I was glued to the Women's Cycling. It is insane how fast they travel downhill. That crash was horrific but really made me not want to move away.

I wish speed walking was still an event....

When we watched the cycling in London in 2012, it was INSANE how fast they went by, and how close they were, both to other racers and to the team support vehicles.

As for racewalking, it's still there. https://www.iaaf.org/news/preview/rio-2016-mens-20km-race-walk

Toss up between 7's rugby and beach/indoor volleyball.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Admittedly I'm already a combat sports guy, but judo ropes me in despite my vague understanding of the rules and point system.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Kayaking and the bike sprint with the funny helmets on the track.

Beach volleyball, swimming, gymnastics, indoor volleyball. Soccer depending on the teams playing

Whole family has been glued to the swimming events. Like previous posters have said... the Olympics in general are so awesome. I do watch sports that I normally have no interest in. We had a family discussion last night on what it must be like to win a Gold. You can honestly say you are the best in the World in that event. What it must feel like to be the best in the World at something!!

Someone posted that every Olympic sport should have one average competitor involved just for comparison.

Back