What putter are you gaming today?

Well it looks like my mallet putter experiment is over with..at least for now. Accuracy was the main issue. It felt good during the swing, but most of my putts were on the low side of the hole, really no matter what I did(like aim top side of the hole) it still wound up below the hole. Maybe it's stroke lab shaft, IDK, but my blade style is going back in the bag. Coincidently, this is my second stroke lab shafted putter that I tried and both were very un-accurate for me. I am a SBST or maybe just a very slight arc type of putter. I'm at a loss for words!

Our strokes are very similar and I've found that either a center shafted or a double bend shaft really helps my stroke on the greens. My current gamer (SS9) had been a complete eye opener for me on the greens.

Well it looks like my mallet putter experiment is over with..at least for now. Accuracy was the main issue. It felt good during the swing, but most of my putts were on the low side of the hole, really no matter what I did(like aim top side of the hole) it still wound up below the hole. Maybe it's stroke lab shaft, IDK, but my blade style is going back in the bag. Coincidently, this is my second stroke lab shafted putter that I tried and both were very un-accurate for me. I am a SBST or maybe just a very slight arc type of putter. I'm at a loss for words!

Very slight arc? That is me - I use SeeMore vids for setup which seem to work for me. Making more of my putts on the PuttOut following an arc as displayed here

Try this to see

Very slight arc? That is me - I use SeeMore vids for setup which seem to work for me. Making more of my putts on the PuttOut following an arc as displayed here

Try this to see

Thanks, going to give that a try...just from what I saw it's makes sense.

Not my pic but my monstrosity looks just like this.
4b598f7c7eb395774c8fab17462c1a90.jpg

Our strokes are very similar and I've found that either a center shafted or a double bend shaft really helps my stroke on the greens. My current gamer (SS9) had been a complete eye opener for me on the greens.
I've tried a center shafted putter, just seemed so weird to putt like that but maybe I didn't give it enough time. I like the double bend shafts makes it face balanced which I have already in my long neck putter. I tried a double bend TM Spider X and it was OK.

Not my pic but my monstrosity looks just like this.
4b598f7c7eb395774c8fab17462c1a90.jpg

I have one of those with a smaller vertical sightline and without the grip. Stable as heck.

These are the current putters - Bett on left has very little toe hang and is going to Bett for a 35 in shaft, grip and lie angle adjustment. Edel E-1 is a toe up putter and just lengthened to 35 in. The SeeMore is 35 in and 350g.

As you can tell, I'm not big on offset. The Bett has about half-shaft, and the other two - none.

I tend to aim these well. The Edel is the least distracting in terms of lines and it has the pixel face. I really like its simplicity and sight dot. Made putts 4 yrs ago - need to readjust the weight at the bottom for better balance. The BB-39 makes putts -- needs lengthening and more balance towards the head. The Seemore has a very solid feel but I may need a counterweight at the top because putts tend to be short by a tiny bit when I'm on the course. It's pretty heavy at E-2 and I need to lighten up the balance to D8 or so - I think.

They all do well on the Putt Out Mat. And have a Bett Inovai 6.0S on the way. Then I'll have plenty of time to play and see what works.

Using the SeeMore stance and slight arc approach really works for me.

IMG_0223.jpg

Last edited:
Scotty Cameron Special Select the past few rounds put will probably go back to my trusty Studio Style

MY SS9 again for tomorrow. ;)

These are the current putters - Bett on left has very little toe hang and is going to Bett for a 35 in shaft, grip and lie angle adjustment. Edel E-1 is a toe up putter and just lengthened to 35 in. The SeeMore is 35 in and 350g.

As you can tell, I'm not big on offset. The Bett has about half-shaft, and the other two - none.

I tend to aim these well. The Edel is the least distracting in terms of lines and it has the pixel face. I really like its simplicity and sight dot. Made putts 4 yrs ago - need to readjust the weight at the bottom for better balance. The BB-39 makes putts -- needs lengthening and more balance towards the head. The Seemore has a very solid feel but I may need a counterweight at the top because putts tend to be short by a tiny bit when I'm on the course. It's pretty heavy at E-2 and I need to lighten up the balance to D8 or so - I think.

They all do well on the Putt Out Mat. And have a Bett Inovai 6.0S on the way. Then I'll have plenty of time to play and see what works.

Using the SeeMore stance and slight arc approach really works for me.

View attachment 8972466
Always wanted to try a Seemore but never have. Same with the center shaft...this would be a good time to try one out.

Using the Cleveland Premier 10.5 at the moment. Absolutely loving it.

Trifecta.

Attachments

• 02B2EFBA-AC7B-422F-B526-F55410E8557B.jpeg
    02B2EFBA-AC7B-422F-B526-F55410E8557B.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 10
  • B44BCACE-6C89-45B3-9907-FE7D8C5758C5.jpeg
    B44BCACE-6C89-45B3-9907-FE7D8C5758C5.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 5A7E7935-D7C2-417D-948E-2137D07464A9.jpeg
    5A7E7935-D7C2-417D-948E-2137D07464A9.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 9
  • 3DCE8915-8E65-42BB-A4C8-FF21E7148068.jpeg
    3DCE8915-8E65-42BB-A4C8-FF21E7148068.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 8F2B6BD8-5088-4343-80AD-ACD46063CFA8.jpeg
    8F2B6BD8-5088-4343-80AD-ACD46063CFA8.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 7728C5AE-34CB-436E-B14A-39C492D846BA.jpeg
    7728C5AE-34CB-436E-B14A-39C492D846BA.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 11
  • 2DC997D5-A3AB-400F-A951-87ED6A22A60E.jpeg
    2DC997D5-A3AB-400F-A951-87ED6A22A60E.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 72F902E0-FFE9-4291-A5CF-033E4B2E9A55.jpeg
    72F902E0-FFE9-4291-A5CF-033E4B2E9A55.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 9
Either my Suave Too Stock or Suave Too RAD or Suave Too Tour.

Artisan 0217

What do you think of it? I'm pretty tempted.

It's a custom type putter - it must fit your lie angle - and they have a way to customize online by your phone vid

It's a custom type putter - it must fit your lie angle - and they have a way to customize online by your phone vid

I know. Just trying to get some feedback on them.

I know. Just trying to get some feedback on them.

I was one of the first around here to have one - soft off the face due to the milling of the aluminum. Very good from short to mid length. I need to revisit this putter because I have changed my technique but in the traditional stroke, I had distance control issues on long putts. Mine is not an unusual comment. At the same time, Adam Scott used one for almost a month, and other club pros have used it.

I need to give it another whirl under pressure.

Seemore m7x, 38 inches (I'm 6ft 4 and like an upright posture). It's unbelievably good looking in real life and the feel off the sweet spot is like nothing I've felt before - which includes almost all the main brands except Bettinardi. No photo because I hit Andy's personal putter during the fitting and mine is due to arrive from Seemore UK on Friday. I got it with an extra long grip which effectively counter balances the whole thing - during the fitting I hit an FGP at 38 inches and with the grip I'm getting, the balance and weight was exactly what I like.

Got fit for it yesterday by Andy Gorman in the UK (he's been featured on Pete Finch and Rick Shiels videos). My numbers on SAM putt lab were surprisingly good (90% tendency), but I don't know what normal is.

I've cycled through a Toulon Memphis AR (shouldn't have sold it), White Hot Rossie, Stroke Lab Bird of Prey and a Cleveland Frontline Cero all in the space of a couple of years.

I've had a Carbon Ringo 1/4 LN setting in my closet for most of the summer. I pulled it out with the intention putting it up for sale tonight. Just before I left the house this morning for the course I picked up the Ringo to see what the toe hang was on it. Imagine my surprise when I found that it was face-balance, just a bare amount of toe hang. Well long story short I pulled my Betti SS9 out and the Ringo went in the bag for today's round. Ended up having a great day putting with it. It's gonna be in the bag for tomorrow's round also. It isn't gonna replace my SS9, but it will make a great backup. ;)

20201104_201029.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to decide if I should roll the TT Ten tomorrow or the Chicago. Course greens might be a bit slower and the Ten does really good on slower greens.

Trying to decide if I should roll the TT Ten tomorrow or the Chicago. Course greens might be a bit slower and the Ten does really good on slower greens.

Sounds to me like the TT Ten is the obvious choice, sir!!!

Back