What putter are you using and how long have you been using it?

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was a notorious tinkerer with the putter and would flip between 4 and 5 a year. My dad jokingly asked me why I would go get fit for a putter when I would change in 30 days? I have used the same putter for a year and a half, the Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s. I have never really wavered from it. I have tried the Triple Track putters and like the idea of them.

what are you using and for how long? Is it sentimental?

Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten, been using it for 8 months and no intention of replacing or supplementing it any time soon.

Odyssey Triple Track Ten S. I've been using it all season, since April. First time in many years that I have used the same putter exclusively all season.

Last edited:
SeeMore mFGP20. I actually have 3 different models of this head shape. Yes, I have been known to rotate through putters too frequently but the FGP head shape has been my primary gamer head shape for about 5 years. I always go back to one of them after straying briefly.

I have used four putters in rounds this year. Two of them only had 1 round though. Right now I have a SL Marxman. I played a bunch of the year with a Bettinardi BB45. I picked up the Marxman from a used bin at a local shop and rolled a bunch of putts with it on the practice green and it sucked me in. I also have an SL7 I picked up during a CPO sale. I don’t putt better with it in my office though so it has never made it to the golf course.

I used my Toulon Indianapolis for a big chunk of the season. It's probably the most I've used one putter in several years. Recently I've tinkered with a couple others and just added another but I keep going back to that goofy Indy.

Been using this one for the last couple of months. ;)

20201019_170747.jpg

Odyssey Triple Track Ten S. Been using for half a year. Plan on using for at least the next 13 or so months.

Cleveland Huntington Beach #1. This entire season, so maybe 5-6 rounds.

After rolling the HB Premier though..... I want one.

Still using the SWAG Suave one raw. It just rolls good for me. Been a year that has to be a record for me 😈

I’m currently using a Ping Anser. It’s the only putter I’ve used since I bought it back in 1971. I putt well with it, if I’m missing putts, I know it’s not the putters fault.

I used a Scotty Cameron CT NP2 since the start of the year. Recently had a run with the PXG Brandon with a slant neck. Felt perfect inside on the putting mat and in some practice rounds. Used it for 2-3 actual rounds and I putted solid but I missed the CT so it went back in the bag.

Every time I tinker, the CT ends up back in the bag not long after. With that said, my next tinker is going to be a Suave Too from Swag. My miss is slightly right and the Suave Too has a bit less toe hang than the CT which in theory may help minimize that right miss.

Odyssey Triple Track Ten S. Been using for half a year. Plan on using for at least the next 13 or so months.
How excited are you to get a putter built for you? I know I am jacked!

How excited are you to get a putter built for you? I know I am jacked!
I’m pumped! It’s been a game changer this year being confident on the greens and I can only imagine how getting a putter built for me would help with that. I’m also scared to find out that I did a terrible job diagnosing my putting and buying a putter online :LOL:

I’ve been using the Toulon San Diego for the last 10 months but have tried a couple of rounds with the Odyssey Triple Track Ten. I putt well with both of them and will probably switch between them both for the next year. I’ve had good scoring rounds with both.

Las Vegas has been in the bag all year-- I putt really well with it, but I will likely be looking for a Spider X to give a try.

Went through five putters this year (and a LH to RH switch) until I found the Chicago. Been with it since May and seriously couldn't be happier!

see avatar to the left
SC Newport select
3 months on this one

My favourite is a Bettinardi BB 6 "The Omega". It is a collector's putter which I picked up from Jimmy Source at Bettinardi (Tinley Park) about 18 years ago. Kari Lajosi refurbished (replated) it for me 15 years ago. It spends most times in the bag rather than on the rack.

I tend to favor this one, although I need to look at a new grip. 08E4531E-6C4B-4BC8-89C7-E6C600C4A9F3.jpeg

And yes it’s got some dings in it. I didn’t get it to hang up on the mantle, I got it to use.

It has a lot of rounds on it.

Ping Pal and a Wilson 8813 for many many years.

I added a Stroke Lab to the rotation that I bought from a friend this year.

Scotty Cameron GoLo5 ,2 years now

Back