I hit a 5i 170 to 175. That x 36 = 6,120 to 6,300. I do that and I'm hitting wedge approach shots on most par fours. I hit a fair number of wedge approach shots on my home course from the blues at 6,450 to 6,500. I step back to 6,900 and I can't score as well, but it tests more of the clubs in my bag. I feel guilty from the blues and frustrated from the blacks.

I think the 5i distance x 36 formula is flawed, at least for my game. Maybe it means I'm fairly long off the tee, but a wuss with a middle iron in my hands. Of course it seems like I haven't hit a solid middle to long iron shot in about two months.

Whatever all that means.

Kevin
It works for me. Unfortunately my ideal yardage is 5400 yards. Not many courses set up with that yardage for men. A person gets tired of hitting fairway woods, long irons, or hybrids on approach shots. Or, hitting driver on par 3s.

It works for me. Unfortunately my ideal yardage is 5400 yards. Not many courses set up with that yardage for men. A person gets tired of hitting fairway woods, long irons, or hybrids on approach shots. Or, hitting driver on par 3s.

The forward tees aren't only for women and GHIN has a formula to calculate the slope from any tees. Not me certainly, but some of the women I play with use it to calculate when they play from the middle tees.

The forward tees aren't only for women and GHIN has a formula to calculate the slope from any tees. Not me certainly, but some of the women I play with use it to calculate when they play from the middle tees.
I know anyone can play from the forward tee, and I do on occasion, but I didn't know there was a formula to calculate the slope and rating. Can you tell me what it is? As of now if I play from the forward tees I can't post the score.

Many thanks!

Back