What somewhat common/popular foods item repulses you?

Nothing, really. Once-upon-a-time I was disgusted by the thought of guacamole. Then I was accidentally served it at my favorite restaurant. Waitress recognized the mistake as soon as she put the plate down. Offered to take it back. They were slammed, so I told her "Never mind. I'll work around it." Ended up trying it and loving it.

Only thing I've seen posted so far that I do not care for is oysters. I wouldn't say they repulse me. Just not a fan. Not a fan of squid, either.

Only things that repulse me are somewhat uncommon (here in the U.S., anyway) foods: Tripe, haggis, mountain oysters. Kimchi sounds gross. Don't care for marmite or vegemite at all.

Oh... wait. Thought of one: Miracle Whip. Absolutely detest Miracle Whip.

Pickles and mushrooms
So I know I blame family for bailing on after round meals, but it’s really I don’t want to participate in your food choices 😂

So I know I blame family for bailing on after round meals, but it’s really I don’t want to participate in your food choices 😂
Luckily Skyline has neither!

Lamb

Mustard and Mayonnaise

Raw or rare fish in any form including shellfish.

I will absolutely crush deviled eggs until they make me sick. It's a weakness
Sitting down to eat a dozen eggs seems like an outlandish idea until you whip the yolks with mayo and add a little paprika 🤌

Sitting down to eat a dozen eggs seems like an outlandish idea until you whip the yolks with mayo and add a little paprika 🤌
I add mayo, mustard, dill relish and, instead of paprika, either some cajun seasoning or BBQ rub.

I add mayo, mustard, dill relish and, instead of paprika, either some cajun seasoning or BBQ rub.
You lost me at mustard, but brought me back in with cajun seasoning. I will have to try this.

You lost me at mustard, but brought me back in with cajun seasoning. I will have to try this.
I like the bite that mustard gives but you can get that with a bit of vinegar from a pepperoncini jar.

Pickles...

So far I haven't seen anything I would say no too.

Y'all a bunch of sooks.

Brussels Sprouts and anything containing pumpkin. Also it doesn’t repulse me, but as a meat eater, I really don’t fancy the thought or look of prime rib.

Not sure where the cut-off from "somewhat common/popular" is, but I'm pretty sure I'll eat 99.9% of things people in the civilized world eat.

Mayo, mushrooms and onions come to mind.

Ketchup. Eww

Brussels Sprouts and anything containing pumpkin. Also it doesn’t repulse me, but as a meat eater, I really don’t fancy the thought or look of prime rib.
I'll be part of that age old group of people who say you just haven't had brussel sprouts the right way.

I found out that a lot of people had them boiled when they were growing up and they still hate them to this day, but if you change their method of being prepared they are not bad at all.

That being said, if you don't like them, I totally get it they are not for everyone.

I'll be part of that age old group of people who say you just haven't had brussel sprouts the right way.

I found out that a lot of people had them boiled when they were growing up and they still hate them to this day, but if you change their method of being prepared they are not bad at all.

That being said, if you don't like them, I totally get it they are not for everyone.

You are right and my wife says the same thing. Growing up in the UK, they boil the **** out of them there. Growing up in the 70’s and 80’s I was made to eat the bloody things so I grew up big and strong LOL. It scarred me for life. The wife roasts them with olive oil and keep on at me to try them. I’ve eaten a charred leaf and it was ok, but I just can’t bring myself to try a whole one. Scarred for life LOL.

Back