What sport would you want to be a pro?

Gotta be golf

Footballer (soccer for any from cross the pond). Only reason over golf been less time away from the family.

If the family could follow whereever whenever then Pro Golfer every day of the week.

Outside of golf it would be soccer for me.

Baseball and its guaranteed contracts

Basketball for me.

Just the average player is making 10 million a year. If you’re good you run the team.

Money wise, probably soccer. Longevity probably golf.

It would be a toss up between football, I can’t imagine there are too many things better than scoring in front of your home fans in a packed stadium. Or maybe F1 just for thrill of driving an F1 car for a living. I imagine being a professional golfer can be a quite a lonely experience.

Basketball has been my best sport for a long time but I'd still have to say baseball.

My passion for golf that has developed over the last 2 years makes me want to say golf, but MLB players are living the dream.

Golf.

Is "Fired NFL head coach" being pro?

I could handle that job.

If I had a do over it’d be baseball 100%. It was my first love. There are pictures of me as a toddler with a glove in hand and that’s pretty much how it went until I aged out at 18. Didn’t play in college but had the chops. I’d be lucky to hit 70 on the radar gun today.

Football for me.

Relief pitcher
Golfer
NFL Punter

I’ll gladly come in last place at every LIV event and laugh all the way to the bank

NFL long snapper. Backup QB would be a good gig too - I'd love to make millions to stand on the sidelines holding a clipboard in a ball cap and headset.

Golf is too feast or famine unless you're one of the top-tier guys, lots of solo travel that you're paying for, and not near the camaraderie of team sports.

Not to mention the only sport you have to be good only 30% of the time 😂 as a hitter anyway
If they consistently do their job right 4 times out of 10, they go to the Hall of Fame. If I consistently do my job right 4 times out of 10, I get fired! :ROFLMAO:

I always wanted to be an NBA player. Even moderately passable and you are making some coin.
Heck, even if I just played great defence I could get a max contract..... then never play again saying I was sore.
Get traded with my terrible contract. Get Bought Out. Sign elsewhere for more money. Rinse repeat.

Honestly, what other sport can you sign for a couple million dollars a season, and then only see playing time in garbage minutes (if at all).

Starting Pitcher
I wanted to be a pro bowler when I was young, but they don't make squat!

What sport would you want to be a pro in?

I would choose baseball. Besides being my favorite sport, you are home most of the year. Golf is a very close 2nd.
If we are talking Top tier League? NBA all day. They make ridiculous money that's fully guaranteed and they are always Inside. They play 1/2 the games of MLB and they don't take the beating like the NFL and NHL players do.

Golf Your basically Independent contactors and its a Tough way to make a easy living!
At least in Golf your playing the nicest courses every week!

Just a random player I would choose NBA for the money. Depends on the level I guess.

If I was at the championship level and dominant it would have to be a pro boxer works maybe two to three times per year maximum 47 minutes in a title fight and get huge paychecks for it.

I understand why it’s not a popular choice but it’d still be the NFL for me. I managed to play at a reasonably high level collegiately. Tough to replicate the feelings I’d experience stepping onto a football field. My body took an absolute beating over the years but I’d do it all over again.

I'm going to assume that this hypothetical question means that we've got the talent and ability to play in whatever sport as a pro... so I'll say NFL backup quarterback. The good ones can have long careers. They can make lots of money. They're not expected to play much but need to be ready at all times to step in.

Hockey Nhl Goal keeper

Baseball, grew up playing the game at the young age of 4 and enjoy competition

Golf for sure... IF... I were good enough to keep my card consistently.
Baseball.... IF I were a starting pitcher that was good enough to last 10 years or more.
Football.... IF I could be a kicker with good range.

Back