What type of courses do you prefer?

I like a narrow course with lots of twists, turns, and uneven lies but reasonable bail outs.

I like generous greens with multiple tiers that are rewarding to putt on when you leave the ball in the right spot.

I like a course that challenges my skill and not my luck. If I hit a bad shot I want the chance to make amends.

I hate courses where anything offline is either a drop or hitting out backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forgot one thing. <$50 to play

I like tree lined courses that are generous enough off the tee but put a premium on second shots. I like courses that you have to think your way around, meaning you don't have to play driver off every par 4.

I like fast greens preferably bent grass greens.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

As long as it's not in poor condition, I don't really care. I'm more concerned with who I'm with.

I hate courses with too much "target golf". It dictates that everyone has to hit the same shots and take the same approach to the hole. I don't mind a few holes that work this way, but I prefer courses that are designed to give the player options on how he/she can approach the hole (take a more aggressive line/longer carry and get a shorter approach, split fairways where one side is wider but leaves a longer approach, etc.).

For me this is the main thing. If we have a foursome on the tee and the only option for all of us is "225 yards down the middle" or you can't hit a GIR it's just stressful and boring golf IMO.
It's why I will play any course, but beautiful "2nd shot" courses are the ones I tend to gravitate towards and always go back to.

I like courses that reward a good shot,more than punish a mediocre one. I don't want to have overly tight fairways that if you miss you are hoping for Bogey. I tend to play better on courses that are visually open.

Back