What was your biggest game changer for the 2022 season?

The addition of the Epic Flash 7 wood was the biggest game changer for me this year.

For me it was the Cobra LTDx Driver. It gave me a massive improvement in FIR. that confidence, in what was formerly my biggest weakness, tuned into a strength was an absolute game changer for me.

I was hoping the lessons for short game would be the ticket. But our greens last fall were hard as concrete and had a hard time keeping the ball on the green.

But my two rounds down here in Arkansas. I have been seeing different results. Almost every shot has hit and spun slightly to the right and stopped. Had a nice pitch from 65 yards with the 54 over the sand trap that hit pin high and spun right to 2ft. for a kick in birdie:)

So if this holds up long term, I will be a happy camper. It's a lot easier to make a 4 to 8ft putts than a 15ft.+ that I always seemed to have last Fall.

Work on the mental game had the biggest positive impact that I've experienced in the 11 years of playing. Very minimal as far as a drop in strokes, but a tremendous impact towards enjoying the game.

We moved to Cabo in September and that pretty much pumped the brakes on how often I could play. That said, I had 2 of the best rounds in my life earlier this month. The one thought I had was to let gravity bring the clubhead into the ball once I completed my backswing. That's it... that one little change had me striking the ball better than I had at most any point in my life.

Late in the year to find it but a true putter fitting seems to be something that will be a game changer. Small sample size of two rounds but what I saw, I’m thrilled.

Back