What would it take…

The only thing that might push me away would be a pretty drastic change in management’s attitude, cost, or change in course conditions.
This is about where I'm at as well. My home course is very close to where I live so it's amazingly convenient to swing by after work for a quick 9. The other local course is a 45 minute drive away, and it costs more per year.

Better facilities would be a reason for me and course lay out.

It would be course conditions changing for the worse for me... otherwise everything else is great

For you to leave your home course for another one? Membership cost rise? Better facilities? I’m debating shopping around in the area next year and maybe spending a few dollars more.
Better facilities, better pace of rounds, better community atmosphere would do it for sure

I would have to move. I live on hole 17 and membership is $150/month. I can play any night at dusk and anytime I want November through march. It’s just too convenient.

If I am choosing, I would look at the course I enjoy playing the most and side with one that is in the best shape most likely

I dont have a home course. Never wanted to be tied to one course, since there are only a few that absolutely require membership to play...and even those still have options to be able to play as a non-member.

There are 92 golf courses within 20 miles of me, and I have about 12 that I play regularly (or played regularly). I have my favorites and rotate through them, with about 3 that are my 'go-to' courses.

There's this crippling reality in my area that a small percentage of courses have driving ranges where hitting drivers is allowed. Give me that, and you have my serious attention.
Our range allows driver, but you only have about 300 yards or you’re hitting into houses, so you’d probably be limited to irons. 🤣

Our range allows driver, but you only have about 300 yards or you’re hitting into houses, so you’d probably be limited to irons. 🤣
So I can go driver, wedge?

Already starting to think about it actually; the lack of a ranger is taking its toll on me. Last round there were three groups on the same tee box waiting, whereas with my potential new home course that never happens because they have both a starter and rangers.

See what's the point of that? I'm not even pounding it right now and even when I am there are tons of guys longer than me. And a fair amount of them are better players or people that play in a lot of their events. So you make a course with that short of a range and you're basically telling the whole group to eff off. It's asinine. No one wants a range they can't hit all their clubs on.

Cost and location. I'm assuming most courses are "decent." Right now the course I play is about 3 miles from home and SO convenient.

Back