What would you do in this situation

I would run it up to them. Why not? You have plenty of time....;)

I would drive it up to them. That's what I would want someone to do if the roles were reversed.

Yep, Number two, generally that is what i do when i find a club. IF they come back for it, i will just tell them, "yep, wasn't sure who's it was, so i was going to turn it in at end of this 9"

Haha no change. We found an iPhone on the course last year and managed to FaceTime the guys it appeared were golfing with the phone’s owner. Very entertaining!

Thanks for returning that BTW.....

I’ve lost (and turned around after I got home 20 miles away) my iPhone before. Went back and found it by 17’s tee. Sickening feeling with so much stuff on them anymore.

Wife is confused by this thread, and would like everyone to replace wedge with wallet and see if your answer changes.
Nope. But replace a foursome of aggressive, inconsiderate a-holes with a foursome of decent human beings and my answer would change completely.

If I was to end up on the same tee as them, I would ask if anyone had lost a wedge, otherwise it would just get handed in to the pro shop at the end of the round

Wife is confused by this thread, and would like everyone to replace wedge with wallet and see if your answer changes.
Well, in that case, #1 is out, just because I need more golf gear.

The most correct answer is #1.

#2&#7 are fine as well.

#3,4,5,6,8 are what richards would do. The world needs fewer richards.

Correct answer here, even IF you want to be a Richard....and sometimes we all do.

#2. I'd put the wedge in my bag and turn it in at the end of the round. Hopefully the club finds its owner after that.

#1.

I don't care how much of a knob they might have been, if you leave something behind I will try to get it back to you ASAP.
That feeling of losing a club on the course is terrible.

I'd probably just give it to the Marshall.

Turning it in at the clubhouse is the only real answer for me because...

1) the wedge might not be theirs
2) I normally walk a course and am not sprinting up to another group due to their carelessness
3) Leaving the club where it lays is not a bad thing, just not something I've ever considered
4) Hiding or damaging a club is a bit too passive aggressive. Lots of people play slowly. It's frustrating but not THAT frustrating. Plus... see reason #1.

2 or 7. I don't do 1 because I don't really know if it was the group in front and I am not driving through multiple groups if it wasn't the first.

If they drove back and asked me if I found their wedge. I'd ask "what kind of wedge. what was the loft." If they answered correctly I'd give it to them. You know the same questions they'd ask in the pro shop. If they didn't drive back, I'd drop it off in the pro shop with a description of the people who might have left it.

Back