What Would You Make?

170 puts me kind of between clubs, so I would say a 5.

I'm going with @badolds for the par.

Depends on yardage from drop zone...I could score 3 or 8 depending on wind. Although the par 3 is a peninsula green at Grand National, it was 185 all carry over water into the wind and after watching 5 balls go in water before me the pucker factor was real. This hole will have some drama.

I could make a 3, I could also make a 10.

Is there wind? Wind is scary.

Oh, there's wind. At least there usually is. About a two-club hurting wind the last time I played it.

Probably make my 1st career Ace

Man you guys are giving me way too much love!!!!

To even that out I'm going to say somehow you find a sprinkler head and get a bad bounce.

I would hit a 6 or 7 iron depending on the wind so I would score 3-6 on this hole.

@Sox_Fan has a tap in par.

Probably a "Tin Cup" moment! Remember, you either define the monument, or the moment defines you!

I would hit a 6 or 7 iron depending on the wind so I would score 3-6 on this hole.

@Sox_Fan has a tap in par.
If that were the case, I would have a huge smile on my face! I would have to hit minimum of 5 iron to account for my normal slight mishit...

Let us see: one shot into the water, one stroke out, drop onto the green, three putts. Five.

ntanygd760 pars it.

Gotta go with @Chefkritter on this one. The guy is a beast.

Bro......that’s for sure a circle in the card with a fist pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd hook it long left in to the drink. But I think @Alez367 would make par.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Distance changes daily. It'll just depend on where they move the green to that day.
Wind changes daily, hourly, and possibly minutely and secondly. :clown:
Pin position changes daily (most likely).
Can't help you with green receptiveness.

Hey it's JB's scenario. He picked the hole. He picked the yardage.

Hey it's JB's scenario. He picked the hole. He picked the yardage.
Touche'. If you know that, then it's easy to find the distance to carry the water.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

@armygolf would make a par

If I hit the green I’m not 3 putting so I’ll put myself down for a 3 or a 5.
I think I could pull off a par on this hole. It send like enough real estate to at least hit dry land.

I'll take @Armygolf for a par for sure!
You guys must do poorly in Vegas lol.

Touche'. If you know that, then it's easy to find the distance to carry the water.

Actually no. Without knowing where the pin is located, the distance to carry the water could vary by almost 20 yards.

What Would You Make?

Actually no. Without knowing where the pin is located, the distance to carry the water could vary by almost 20 yards.

Now I’m confused. Usually on scorecards par 3 (and all holes really) distances are marked to center of the green so the distance to carry the water should have nothing to do with the pin location.

Now I’m confused. Usually on scorecards par 3 (and all holes really) distances are marked to center of the green so the distance to carry the water should have nothing to do with the pin location.

Yeah, but as this green is moveable, it's assumed that JB was referring to the distance to the pin when he said "playing to 170" in the OP, I guess. I can see that.

Yeah, but as this green is moveable, it's assumed that JB was referring to the distance to the pin when he said "playing to 170" in the OP, I guess. I can see that.

I think it makes so much more sense to think that means to the center of the green, since that’s how holes show up on the scorecard. That way people can answer the question rather than complicate matters.

I think it makes so much more sense to think that means to the center of the green, since that’s how holes show up on the scorecard. That way people can answer the question rather than complicate matters.

I can see it both ways. I initially thought it read to the center of the green, but, in my effort to be a better THPer, I'm trying to entertain other viewpoints, so I can see where it can be interpreted as to the pin.

I guess only @JB can really answer this one definitively.

Back