What's the best shot you've witnessed by a THPer?

camden_kid

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Which one comes to mind as a standout?

On the forum @BigDill 's HIO - not a personal witness though.

Otherwise, every single drive from @MattyD-MPLS was the best shot I've seen. They were all the same shot basically without variation.

@Wonger put his second swing on a 3w (right?) onto the green on a par 5 at Troy Burne if I recall and that was also pretty amazing.

Easy... @ArmyGolf

The first THP Hogan Event, 2017 or 2018. Day two, he and I were in the final group. 18th hole, we were about 210 out. He hit a 4 iron into the greenside bunker next to an impossible guarded green. Almost pin high but it was a long bunker shot to an elevated green that we couldn't see the surface from. He stuck his sand shot to about 1 foot leaving us a tap-in for the win.

Easy β€” @echico driving the green on no. 11 at Ballyhack

Easy β€” @echico driving the green on no. 11 at Ballyhack

Baseball Calves GIF by Bemidji State Beavers

Oh man. Watching @Wildcat rip that 3i was pretty special and @Carolina Dundee had a tremendous escape from behind a tree at Briggs in our singles match to go from nowheresville to putting that blew me away. I wish I could remember more of these as I'm sure I've been in the presence of some pretty legit golf shots.

@Canadan eagle from the fairway at ballyhack. Took a pic as I walked by in disgust yet amazement PXL_20220815_194316257.jpg

I remember @GolfTravelDude holing out from the fairway for an eagle in the 2021 Morgan Cup. @jjsportz nearly clipped him with a net eagle putt but it just missed. There was a lively crew following that group into the clubhouse.

@blazinden 50 ft putt at Ballyhack and it’s not close

Have not played with a lot of THPers. But with the ones I have it would have to be @Canadan holing out his second shot on the fourth hole at Ballyhack during the inaugural Goat Cup.
Ahhh thanks for thinking of me my good man!!

And you as well @pumbaa !!

Hmmm....

There's the @Canadan 2i stripe show.

@donny475 putting a hybrid/wood on the green for his approach to a par 5 at Briggs Ranch when he and Parrot took on @baylrballa and I.

Any of like 8 200 yard approach shots @Jtubb17 hit on the green against @YukonLiving and I in the Morgan Cup.

Any of the bajillion putts @Moore_Golf made from inside 10 ft against @JB and I or @MarMill and I.

But I think the best I've seen has to be @Moore_Golf chipping in from just in the deep stuff on the green. JB and I both thought we had that hole in the bag and then all the sudden we have to make a putt to halve the hole.

Definitely @Iceman! pitching it in from over a trap IIRC at the Grandaddy!!

Last edited:
@Luke WilliamsCG had some insane shots when we played but the craziest was @DNevsCG chipping in off the green. I still call shenanigans

@JB at Ballyhack against @Koske.

For the life of me I can't remember the hole but Koske and I hid behind a tree because of where he was and just hit a miracle shot and I believe made it on the green when no one had any right to do that.

On the forum @BigDill 's HIO - not a personal witness though.

Otherwise, every single drive from @MattyD-MPLS was the best shot I've seen. They were all the same shot basically without variation.

@Wonger put his second swing on a 3w (right?) onto the green on a par 5 at Troy Burne if I recall and that was also pretty amazing.
@Wonger was on 16, but wasn’t the good one the 2nd swing? πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚

Easy... @ArmyGolf

The first THP Hogan Event, 2017 or 2018. Day two, he and I were in the final group. 18th hole, we were about 210 out. He hit a 4 iron into the greenside bunker next to an impossible guarded green. Almost pin high but it was a long bunker shot to an elevated green that we couldn't see the surface from. He stuck his sand shot to about 1 foot leaving us a tap-in for the win.
I forgot about that one! I was absolutely crapping my trousers too, since it was a downhill lie in the bunker.

When we were in the fairway before we played our second shots @tequila4kapp (on our team) comes charging back from the group ahead to let us know they lost their match, and we NEEDED to win this hole for the overall win lol. I don't remember what I said back to him but I'm sure it wasn't forum friendly haha!

Watching @e1iterate hit off a bridge and sticking it close.

Still the approach on #18 at couer d'alene to about 2 feet by @ArmyGolf to win the 2019 budget 'ship.

2nd place shout-out to @KY Golfer holing out from the **** 90ish yards away to push the hole vs Yags and I in Vegas.
To this day that's the only shot that I KNEW was perfect the moment it came off the club.

Best I ever saw was during the 2021 Morgan Cup at TPC Las Vegas, 100 yards out, laying 3…. @DataDude holed it for birdie to keep us 3 up in the opening shamble πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Watching @e1iterate hit off a bridge and sticking it close.

Just because I was able to get this live and with @bigbov ’s legendary reaction I don’t know if I will ever witness anything better! But ya never know πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

It was, the first one pulled a Daluteh and missed the ball completely if my memory serves.
Haha. But that second was a beaut, Clark πŸ”₯πŸ’ͺ🏻

Back