Whats the best time of the day to play golf?

We used to play weekends at 600am. Last couple years kicked it back to 700am which is perfect. Pace of play is great fun round and we hang around the club for a little while after but still have the whole day to do other things. During the week after work love getting at least 9 in.

I prefer early morning by far, but it's been really hard to get out early lately. I"m going to try going out right after work. I've played a couple times in the evening that weren't too bad, so hopefully I can get to like it.

Early morning is my preference. My regular playing group would say otherwise.

Mid to late afternoon. Let the humidity and the dew be burned off, and hopefully the finishing holes aren’t into the sun.

Chasing daylight to me is always better than continuously and increasingly gross out

Takes me a little while to get moving and work out the kinks in my back…. Anytime after 9am works… earlier if it’s a really warm day.

I lean towards mid-morning or late afternoon. Today I played early and the heavy dew and grass clippings prevented rollout for the most part.

This time of year for us, if you want to play fast you go off at 9:30 am or later - the course is almost completely empty and you can play as fast as you want.

There's a reason for that, though - by 9:30 am it's already over 100 degrees and lately the humidity has been high, making it pretty brutal. Our tee times in the summer are packed from about 5:30 am to 8:00 am, then they drop off to next to nothing for the rest of the day.
Yeah by me we tee off between 5:45-6am on the weekends. After 7 you're at least 4:30 and after 9 you're at 5.

As the sun comes up. Only problem is you have to get out of bed real early.

I like an 8am start. Home by 1. Works great

I prefer afternoons. The morning rush is over, and it's less crowded.

In the winter months there's a course in Vegas that use to have an early AM, back 9 program, that also included breakfast. I played that early golf 2-3 times a week.

Dew sweeping it is for me. 90% of my golf is played early AM

Club competition - prefer around 10am, late enough that it gives my body time to loosen up, but can still be home just after 2pm

Casual round - mid to late afternoon, or after work during the week as it is usually quieter and we can have a leisurely stroll without too many people on the course

I like either an early morning or late afternoon to early evening. Because I’m quite a quick player, early let’s me get away and back in a reasonable time then the rest of the day is mine. Into the evening also tends to be a quieter time, but the hour just after work is usually rammed! Finishing right at last light works perfectly.

temps are a big factor but early afternoon would be my choice because it is more relaxed and pace of play is sometimes better. still, we go off at 8am or before frequently because of temps and crowds

Early morning. Dew sweeper.

The earlier the better - I love being the first person out there.

It also lets me just go out and enjoy the morning before it typically gets to warm and I'm back by the middle of the day for family time as well.

Early morning preferably the first or second out as you can get done extremely quick and not have to wait on anyone.

I'd prefer around 8am but due to my membership it has to be late morning or early afternoon.

Early morning during the summer/warm months so I have more time to spend with the family on the weekend.

For me it depends on the season. In the heat of the Summer, early morning is best, but in Spring and Fall mid-morning or early afternoon work just fine.

I’m an early morning player if I am playing with friends/clients. Late afternoon with my kids, more to stay out of the way.

In a perfect world I’d play around 8 or 830. However with pace of play issues I generally play at the earliest possible time to get done in a reasonable amount of time.

Sunday afternoons when the Saints are playing. The course is a ghost town.

Back