Whats the Longest Your Golfball has Stayed Airbourn

GolfTravelDude

Team Hackers Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So I'm playing Old Head in Ireland. The course is on the cliffs of Kinsale. We arrive to the 12th hole which is one of the signature holes on the course. My caddie who caddied for Tiger Woods a few months prior tells us a story about how Tiger teed a ball up and blasted it into the ocean. He says the ball was in the air 15 seconds. I say to him I can beat that....He laughs, my buddies laugh...and I say I can beat it...So the caddie flips me a ball and says...Show me....So the teebox for 12 sits right on the edge of the cliff and the hole plays up hill slightly with a blind drive up to a large expanse of fairway that runs along the cliff edge to the green. A par 5. The cliff edge is on the left side of hole...Imagine Pebble 18...just elevated about 250 feet...So I plant my tee on the side slope of the tee box on the right. a good 60 degree slope...Set up and absolutely nut a driver straight up into the sky....My buds count...and just as they say 15 the ball crashes into the surf. Caddie says see you didn't beat him.......12.jpg

That hole looks crazy and beautiful

Gorgeous hole. I played with @OhioGolfer a couple weeks ago and hit a 9i that had to be the highest ball I've ever hit. We had a full conversation before the thing came down. Had to be close to 10 seconds.

That hole looks crazy and beautiful
So I have played 750 courses...This is maybe my all time favorite hole...It was a buddies fave...He passed and we went back and spread his ashes on that tee box.

Gorgeous hole. I played with @OhioGolfer a couple weeks ago and hit a 9i that had to be the highest ball I've ever hit. We had a full conversation before the thing came down. Had to be close to 10 seconds.

Where was I at for this??????????

Every Drive Straight up Into the Woods.

I assume that just keep on going into Orbit :drinks:

So I'm playing Old Head in Ireland. The course is on the cliffs of Kinsale. We arrive to the 12th hole which is one of the signature holes on the course. My caddie who caddied for Tiger Woods a few months prior tells us a story about how Tiger teed a ball up and blasted it into the ocean. He says the ball was in the air 15 seconds. I say to him I can beat that....He laughs, my buddies laugh...and I say I can beat it...So the caddie flips me a ball and says...Show me....So the teebox for 12 sits right on the edge of the cliff and the hole plays up hill slightly with a blind drive up to a large expanse of fairway that runs along the cliff edge to the green. A par 5. The cliff edge is on the left side of hole...Imagine Pebble 18...just elevated about 250 feet...So I plant my tee on the side slope of the tee box on the right. a good 60 degree slope...Set up and absolutely nut a driver straight up into the sky....My buds count...and just as they say 15 the ball crashes into the surf. Caddie says see you didn't beat him.......View attachment 8924723
I'm not sure I have enough balls (golf balls!) to play a course with many holes like that. Gorgeous

I stuck one in a palm tree a couple of weeks ago. It'd still be airborne if my playing partner hadn't seen it sitting 3 feet up into a tree.

Now that's a crazy hole. Looks beautiful though.

Hyde Mountain #4. I once hit a high spinny fade that floated for what seemed like an eternity. It felt like I could have called and ordered a pizza before it landed.
Not the best pic but I believe it's a 275 ft drop from the back tees.
Screenshot_20200124-171229_Photos.jpg

That is beautiful hole!!

Well.. Last time I flew to Florida with my golf bag those balls were airborne the entire flight.. A few hours or so.. ?

Do stuck in tree shots count?

Long enough to travel about 240 yards.

I swear I’ve hit a few that just haven’t came down yet. Burned up upon re-entry I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyde Mountain #4. I once hit a high spinny fade that floated for what seemed like an eternity. It felt like I could have called and ordered a pizza before it landed.
Not the best pic but I believe it's a 275 ft drop from the back tees.
View attachment 8924752
Wow, that’s majestic

Is that what happened to my lost golf balls? They went into orbit?

I've hit a sky ball once or twice but never with the hang time y'all are talking about

Do stuck in tree shots count?
Ha, It reminded me of atrip to AZ where the Segura's were and one was adjacent to a tee box and I hit one into it and it embedded.....

Is that what happened to my lost golf balls? They went into orbit?

I've hit a sky ball once or twice but never with the hang time y'all are talking about
I had one of these these final day of the Morgan Cup.. Terrible swing and the ball went straight right and up in a tree.. And did not come down..

I recently brought my clubs along with me on a flight to Ft Myers, FL from Minneapolis, MN. All the balls in my bag travelled 1,416 miles and it was all carry.

I had one of these these final day of the Morgan Cup.. Terrible swing and the ball went straight right and up in a tree.. And did not come down..
I hate when that happens

@Qwkz51 what's the longest your club has stayed airborne? ;)

@LLIB & I can attest, he didn't throw it on purpose, it was during his swing.

Maybe 8 or 9 seconds, possibly 10. Had a few short par 3 holes that are downhill which makes for a long shot with pulling PW or AW.

@Qwkz51 what's the longest your club has stayed airborne? ;)

@LLIB & I can attest, he didn't throw it on purpose, it was during his swing.

I can’t hit my pitching wedge as high as he threw that damn driver ?

Back