What's the oldest club that you use regularly?

Until a couple of years ago, I carried around a 1950's vintage Powerbuilt Countess lady's sand wedge that my grandmother had given me when I was a kid. I loved the swing weight and soft shaft. The grooves were heavily worn and got wider (from wear) near the sweet spot.

Recently cut it down for my 6 yr old son to learn with. Someday I suspect my grand kids will be talking about a hand-me-down Vokey SM5 wedge from Grandpa.

I just took my Scotty out of the bag at the first of the year. So now it is my Titleist 903f 3 wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My irons & hybrid are 9 are so years old, but I have only had them 2 years. I have had my 3w for 8 years.

My hybrids. I think they are Fromm 2012.

VSeries Heavenwood. It is my favorite club that I have ever had/hit.

Oldest club in my bad is putter which is 4 years old.

My old Scotty Newport 2.5 from 2002/3 I think

My Bullseye putter. Bought it in 1978, IIRC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My old putter

20 year old B60 putter, with a brand new Golf Pride grip!!

Last edited:
This is tough since I don't swap out clubs that often :wink:.

For real though, it's my Edel putter which has been in my bag since 2016.

My 4 hybrid is a few years old. Everything else is under 1 year old.

XR Pro irons (acquired used - end of 2015 season?)

Admittedly, golf has been supplanted by tennis for the last decade, but I am shifting back to golf. The newest club I have in my bag dates to 2007, so they're all more than 11 years old. ;-) Do I win, or is there someone else with a bag of older clubs?

Bridgestone J40 DPC irons from 2014 #THPMC. I've tried others but keep going back to these. Close second it the J15 CB's.

JM

None since I switched them all out for new Rogues and an Indy putter. However I’d love to find a great “old” club or putter to keep in the bag.

My #7 MXM I got in the 2014 Grandaddy.

My son uses my original BB warbird 3 wood full time. When we go to the driving range I usually hit a couple with it. I love that club and have tons of confidence in it. I would put it back in the bag in a pinch. Its from the mid nineties.

Original Callaway Steelhead 7w & 9w both with DGX100 Lite steel shafts. Both have been in the bag for over 15 years I believe. Many hybrids and Fairway Woods have tried to get them out of my bag but they just do what I want so I gave up trying to replace them a few years back and just play them.

Mine would be the TM RBZ 3W and 5W that are still in my bag - circa 2011/12?

It's interesting to see how long folks play older clubs. Before I was measured for my irons in 2012, I played first generation DCIs that I bought in 94. Even when I was playing my best golf between 04 and probably 07-08, I didn't find any irons that I hit better than those DCIs. During that time, I changed drivers from a 975 (fantastic driver) to a 905. Whether it's my economy with a dollar, or not thinking I could then or can now get a significant jump in performance, I haven't changed my clubs very often.

Oldest club is my putter. A Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Teryllium 1st of 500 from 1999. Its only been in my bag for two years as my wife got it for me for my 30th birthday. She found it through Table Rock Golf in Ohio. It was brand new, never used grip was still in plastic. Before that it was a Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Oil Can from 1998 or 1997 that I got in 2006. It stayed in the bag until two years ago.

I've got a Taylormade Raylor 4(22*) hybrid that I can still thump pretty darn good.....most of the time. I bought it used, but it probably came out 2009-10ish

Back