What's the oldest club that you use regularly?

Ben Hogan Special sand wedge. Played it since 1974. Found a new, never used, one on eBay last year to replace the one I've been using since 74, it was worn out. Haven't found another sand wedge that plays better than this Hogan special.

tour edge x rail hybrid

I think from 2012

I'm known to bag an old persimmon/steel Ping Eye 2 driver. I don't carry it specifically for the tee (unless I can't hit anything else straight), but it's an excellent "chunk out" as well as doubles as a can't go left FW club. I can hit it out of pretty much any lie. Up until this season I carried it instead of a 56* wedge. Obviously not to replace it but instead of it. I found I hit it more. One par five on a course I play a lot in particular, left is dead. I'd hit it as my second in on that hole pretty frequently. I also feel more comfortable hitting it than any other club if the shot called for a low cutting runner. Fantastic punch out club and there were rounds that I'd be hitting it from the tee on the back if nothing else was going well. I give up 50-80 yards but straight is worth that sometimes.

I haven't played it this year yet, I'm not even sure where in my club pile it is? Maybe I need to? Nothing else is working this year.

Taylormade Rocketballz stage 2 tour 20 degree hybrid circa 2013.

Right now - my Nike SQ Dymo driver circa 2009 is back in the bag.

My irons are ping ISI-K's, released in 1996. My boss used them when he played on his high school golf team.

Whiskey

For the rest of the year at least, it's going to be a Ping Eye2 SW (circa 1988)

Ping K15 driver 2011 and Adams A12OS hybrid & iron set from 2012

A late-90s Cobra Trusty Rusty sand wedge.

I think my oldest was the X Hot three wood but I'm trying to kick it out with the G400 3 wood.

I use G2 irons. Old

I just dropped my 1990ish cleveland classics copper SW.. so now I guess the original design tight lies FWs I bought in 2000 are all tied.

I'm sort of psychologically unable to play clubs I didn't find in a basement or used club store. Even when I buy new stuff I wind up being disenchanted with it, go back to the old stuff, and then a year or two later bring back the "new" stuff I bought and usually finally put it permanently in play or give up on it for a few more years. It's like I have to age them or something.

I still play a scotty cameron putter from 2001. All the rest of my clubs are from 2013 or 14

I have a 2013 Tour Edge CB Pro Limited Edition 3 wood that I put in the bag about half the time. Has a real Speeder shaft in it. I suck hitting it off the deck because it’s heavy. However...great off the tee. Long, straight and runs forever.

Ummmm.... I guess I'd consider the O Works the oldest based on release date. Prior to the Grandaddy experience, I played a Nike Slingshot 2hybo that I loved.

I had a Nike Slingshot 3 hybrid with a steel shaft that I played for a few years lol. Picked it up for like $40 bucks used. Not a bad club at all.

Back