What's Your Favorite Restaurant?

#troy

Jax, FL
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I am spoiled to live a mile away from our favorite restaurant.

We go there often and it never disappoints.

The food
The atmosphere
The staff

All are solid and we compare new places to this benchmark.

A one time special occasion, a regular, it doesn't matter. What is your favorite spot?

My personal favorite is Restaurant Orsay, right here in Avondale burb of Jacksonville.
https://restaurantorsay.com/

French style cuisine, elegant but can be casual.

Cant go wrong with anything on the menu, the happy hour is excellent.

Not sure I have favorite, there is a local place in my town that I eat at quite a bit that has really good food. A little mom and pop place.

I've ranted and raved here about my sushi bar, which when I think about it, is my favorite restaurant.

The food is never anything less than spectacular, the chef is one of the best in the world. The service is impeccable, and despite it being a strictly traditional sushi bar, the staff is very friendly and accommodating.

It's the best sushi I've had outside of Japan (or perhaps ever,) yet it's not hip - like so many spots think they need to be. It's not a scene, and no reservations are needed. There's never even a wait for a seat at the sushi bar.

It's expensive, yes, the you are paying for the food and nothing more. You really get what you pay for. There is no added cost to cover a fancy decor, or to justify the designer's name on the sign. It's a little unassuming spot in a mini-mall above a Pizza Hut.

I would eat there every day if I could.

Local spot here called 2 doors down. Amazing food, great atmosphere, beer and wine list compliment the food perfectly. Not cheap, but not hard to justify either.

I have favorites by type of cuisine not an overall favorite.

WE used ot be fan's or Morton's, but when Shula bought them, they became TGIMcMorton's. Haven't been back.

That being said, there is an awesome steakhouse about 30 minutes from us, that I would put up against any in the country, and i have been to many high end steak places.

No one going to say Chili's?

That's the one. It has always been there for me.

For a National I'd say, Burger King or Wendys, now let me explain, if I'm in the mood for that kind of food, no matter where I am, I know what it's going to taste like and I like it, so it becomes comfort food for me.

Regionally I'd have to say something like Saltgrass Steakhouse, good food for sure.

And locally we have a ton of options, which honestly if I was going to pick my "FAVORITE" restaurant it would probably be something local.

Strip Steakhouse in Avon, Ohio. Best food in Cleveland, and only 2nd to Kayne Prime in Nashville for anywhere I have ever been IMO.

you should expand your horizons.

It's kind nice to be able to look back on a restaurant chain that I have been going to for 20+ years. That's not very common in my area. Sure I could say some fancy steakhouse I have been to twice in my entire life that has the best food but is just too upscale for the "atmosphere" part of the question. Chili's is super chill and as a non picky food eater, they have a variety of stuff I have enjoyed for a long time.

I could easily pick a hundred newer restaurants in the area but you ever just look at your buddy or wife and say, damn let's just go to Chili's? Grab some grub, some beers, watch some sports... that's my type of restaurant.

I'm going to go ultra chain here, because no one cares about my favorite local places.

BJs
Old Chicago

If I'm in the mood for crab legs, we have a small chain called Shell Shack. Butcher paper on the tables, plastic bibs and bring on the crab legs.

Ruths Chris my fave

I am a fan of chain restaurants versus mom and pop places. I know the food may not be the best, but it will always be consistent.

My favorite restaurant around me is Seasons 52

Berns Steakhouse in Tampa. Not the best steak, I've ever had, but the best experience. Two words: dessert room.

Another strong favorite for me and it's heavily based on the amount of delicious food and the atmosphere. Buca di Beppo. Definitely want to make sure you're there in prime time with a full restaurant. Bonus if you're there for a birthday or some other sort of celebration. I've been to a few and they were all poppin

Charley's Steak House

For steaks in DFW, Bob's Chop House or Perry's.

Manny’s Steakhouse in Minneapolis, MN is my go to. Best steak I’ve ever had. It’s spendy so the kids have to eat Ramen for a week afterwards, but it’s totally worth it! https://mannyssteakhouse.com/

For steaks in DFW, Bob's Chop House or Perry's.

Perry's is an awesome steakhouse, but you better get that famous pork chop!

Mine would be red the steakhouse!

I like Outback steakhouse or Weber Grill restaurant.

Back