What's your style of play?

20210715_232030.jpg

Today I was told it's not calculated-aggressive. It's just aggressive aggressive. Lol

Definitely calculated. I'm always assessing what can go well and what can go wrong with each shot option.

I go for too many hero shots. I am always looking to birdie or more, so I tend to be over aggressive.

Aggressive. Unfortunately today I lost all my strokes with my short game. Oh, pin high in 2? Then I forgot how to chip (+ 3 strokes) and left the ball barely on the green for a 3 putt.

When I’m scoring well, I’m probably more on the side of conservative than aggressive.
I can get in the bad habit of going for par5s in two when in less than ideal position.

It depends on the round what my strategy is. It is more conservative as I am playing up for Par if at all possible. If we are playing league games I am working on playing to my shot and distance strengths. If I am simply having some fun rounds with others, I will work on different things that are weak in my game.

If you don't "practice" the shot, how will you know if you can pull it off when it matters? Did you make it through and then score?
Well I practice squaring the face and hitting my lines and windows on just about every swing, so it's not like it's really a trick shot or anything.

And yes, made it through to the corner, left myself a wedge in from 108, and stuck it to 2' for birdie.

I know I can pull it off because I keep it simple. Target line, contact and control the face. If your target is long and the obstacle isn't, and you don't focus on the obstacle, it can actually take a pretty big miss on a long target to get outside a near one, directionally.

So did you use your "Bryson" driver to get that far off the fairway? 😉
Hmm.. I may have actually said something(s) about the face of that particular driver not being the best fit for me. :unsure:

And this morning I heard myself say I have a huge omelet and protein shakes every day..

😭

Hmm.. I may have actually said something(s) about the face of that particular driver not being the best fit for me. :unsure:

And this morning I heard myself say I have a huge omelet and protein shakes every day..

😭
We will be waiting for your media person to post a apology on social! 🤣

It all depends on the golf course. My home course is littered with hazards, has narrow fairways and small greens...I play that course conservatively. One of the local municipals I play is wide open, and I play that aggressively.

Hit it straight, be good around the greens. Length is not one of my strong points.

It depends on "who" shows up on the 1st tee that day. If I am driving it well, then conservative; if not driving well, I go for the hero shots.

Scrambler... I don't let my worst shots beat me.

steady eddy. Sometimes that is steadily bad, but it's steady non the less.

It depends on "who" shows up on the 1st tee that day. If I am driving it well, then conservative; if not driving well, I go for the hero shots.
I can appreciate this. Definitely depends on how my round is going, whether I play conservative, or go for it, on any given hole.

Back