When do you actually put on rain gear?

When do you put on rain gear

• If I know it will rain I will put on the gear before my first ball is in the air

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't use rain gear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I always wondered this as for me there is a time where it seems silly to put on rain gear for a passing drizzle but it also seems silly to put on rain gear after you are wet. I have seen some show up with rain gear on and the skies aren't close to letting loose yet.

What is your rain gear philosophy?

Generally I am a wait until there are drops and not a mist kind of guy.
Generally not if it’s sprinkling - when it starts to come down, that’s when the rain stuff comes out

The option I prefer wasn't listed.
I use an umbrella until its get into more than a sprinkle. Even then it's just the jacket unless the wind starts picking up, then the pants will go on. I've only been suited up in full rain gear three times and two of those was simply for warmth with no rain. 40 degrees and wind made for a cold day.

I think you left out a option.
It goes from starting the round with them on to being last, then waiting for puddles.
There should be a Once it starts to drizzle pretty hard you start putting them on option. :)
I choose puddles but I am more of a heavy drizzle person.

Very seldom. We don't get much rain out here. If we do, it's usually in the form of a 15 minute thunder storm. Not enough time for on, and off rain gear.

That, and rain gear is no match for lightening.

When I'm getting wet enough from rain that it's annoying. A little drizzle doesn't bother me, but a steady rain and I'm putting on the rain gear.

I guess I wait until there are puddles, kind of.

If it's just a mist, I don't bother but if it starts to actually rain, I'm gearing up.

I used to play in the rain, but now I try to avoid it when I can. If it starts raining in the middle of a round I'll put on my rain gear.

When it’s raining

I have a short sleeve rain shell that I'll put on once it gets steady. Pants don't go on unless it's cold or there's no end in sight. Freaking hate rain gear.

Back