When do you actually put on rain gear?

When do you put on rain gear

• If I know it will rain I will put on the gear before my first ball is in the air

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't use rain gear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

echico

#MOIJacking
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I always wondered this as for me there is a time where it seems silly to put on rain gear for a passing drizzle but it also seems silly to put on rain gear after you are wet. I have seen some show up with rain gear on and the skies aren't close to letting loose yet.

What is your rain gear philosophy?

Generally I am a wait until there are drops and not a mist kind of guy.

I usually wait until there are puddles.

My rain pants don’t go over your regular pants but instead of. If the forecast definitely looks rain I start with the rain pants on.

Rain gear is hot, I use it as little as possible.

I’ve never actually worn rain gear.

I bought some awhile back tho.

If it's raining when I leave the house, I will throw the pants on before I leave. During a round, the jacket depends on how heavy the rain is. So probably close to puddles.

I never wear actual rain gear, if it's raining i usually just carry an umbrella. I find the athletic type golf shirts if they get a bit wet it doesn't affect mobility or anything too much

Definitely puddles. I’m not putting a rain jacket on until it’s raining moderately hard and steady. I don’t wear rain pants.

I've never actually had to use my rain pants, figure I would put them on if it started actually raining decent.

Top I will take on and off as conditions dictate, a steady drizzle will get me to put it on.

In the summer, when it's warm, I just put on rain gloves only, and play wet. Much easier than trying to keep everything dry.
If it's colder, I'll put my jacket on right away. Don't own any pants, and won't unless I'm going to a place like Bandon.

Admittedly, I don't have rain pants. However, when it starts raining I'll put on my jacket and rain gloves. In the future, hopefully I'll be wearing a waterproof hat also.

Depends upon the temperature. If it's over 80 I might not put it on at all. If it's in the 30's it will be on before the second drop hits the ground.

i voted for if there is rain in the forecast i'm not playing. can't stand playing in the rain, i'll just play another day

I use my rain gear for warmth almost exclusively. We're spoiled here in SA, we have so many good weather golf days throughout the year that I hardly ever play/show up to play on rain days. I will play/show up when it's cold and I always wear rain gear when it's cold.

If it's hot and rainy, I usually don't even bother with rain gear. If it's cold and rainy, I'm probably not playing - but if I somehow got caught out in it, the rain gear wouldn't go on until the puddles started.

I'll toss it on when it's raining, or starting too.

I have forgotten it though in light sprinkles and I have survived, so I know it's possible even if I don't like to be ultra-moist while golfing.

Usually wait too long even though it is in the bag, don't know the reason.

Waiting until puddles.

If it's raining when I leave the house, I will throw the pants on before I leave. During a round, the jacket depends on how heavy the rain is. So probably close to puddles.
This for me as well.

I always wondered this as for me there is a time where it seems silly to put on rain gear for a passing drizzle but it also seems silly to put on rain gear after you are wet. I have seen some show up with rain gear on and the skies aren't close to letting loose yet.

What is your rain gear philosophy?

Generally I am a wait until there are drops and not a mist kind of guy.
Why isn’t your answer one of the options?

I wait until there is a steady rain 🌧

I live in the high desert, so it doesn't rain much, but I do have a rain jacket that I've used on a few occasions, the only problem is that if I'm walking or it's a little to warm, my under garment will be soaked by the end of the round from sweat that won't evaporate.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

we have enough hot sunny days in Houston that I just don't play when it rains. I do keep a short sleeve rain top in my bag in case we get one of those little 15min showers in the middle of the afternoon and put it on at the first sign of drops.

Why isn’t your answer one of the options?
It was close enough and I though most people would understand puddles over mist. I guess I am not a perfect person. 🤷‍♂️

If I expect it to rain I'll start with the rain pants on. Otherwise, I'll wait too long and I don't want the inside to get all muddied up by my shoes. I'll toss on the jacket when the drizzle turns to rain or when my polo is wet but not soaked.

Back