When this part of your game is working, you feel great

millsan1

I've figured this game out! Oh wait, no I haven't
Reaction score
Handicap
14?
Having a discussion with a golf buddy, and he said "Played last week and my wedges were on point". I told him I love that feeling, when you knwo you can drop it in with confidence.

So it got me thinking, what part of your game, when it is on, makes you feel the best?

Tee shots? Irons? Wedges? Putting?

For me it is wedges, followed by putting.

When I know I can drop it on from 100 and in, I feel invincible.

How about you?

For me it's my iron game, when it's on and I am getting the distance and dispersion I expect, I feel so in the groove! ?

Driver. It’s the longest club with the least loft. If I’m hitting that well, I’m hitting everything well.

Finding the fairway and putts are dropping, makes me feel good.

Short game. If that going good then I expect to have a good round.

Putting for sure. Having that feeling that you can make it from anywhere just exudes confidence. The more putts you make, the more confident you become. The quickest way to lower your score. (y)

Tee shots for me. My course is very demanding off the tee this if I’m off my game from the tee, it’s usually a long day.

Putting definitely!

Both ends of the hole. When I am in the groove driving, I feel I can take on any hole. Makes almost any par 5 reachable and puts me in great positions on par 4s.

On the other end putting. When the flat stick is on, it makes the approach shot pressure so much less because I know I can drop anything in 2 putts.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

When my putter gets hot, I feel like if I miss off the tee or with an iron/wedge, I can still put up a score. When it goes cold on me, everything else gets pressured into not making a mistake.

Tee game for me as well. If I know that I can put the ball in play off the tee and not put myself in a position where I have to scramble, it just sets my mind at ease and allows me to play freely. (a close second would be putting).

Driver for sure. If I am consistently in a spot where I can play a full 2nd shot in a round I will score well. If I make some putts I will score really well.

For me it is being able to get off the tee box. It doesn't even have to be long, but in play and in a good position. If I am doing that I get confidence that improves the play of all aspects of my game.

For me, when my irons are on I feel like I can recover from any bad tee shot to put me in a good position for my next shot and hit greens after a good tee shot

Driving! It all starts with getting on the short grass! I really don't care if it's not really long as long as it's in the fairway! From there I CAN do well if my irons and FWs are doing okay!

Any one of them can give me that feeling.

Iron game overcomes all though. When they're really on, bad drives/putting/chipping hardly even matter.

Driver definitely. If I'm keeping it in or close to the fairway I'm going low that day.

Due to being distance challenged off the tee, I depend on my chipping/pitching, and putting to help my scores.

Just about everytime I break 80, it has been because of one putts, created by accurate chips, and pitches

Now what makes me feel really good is when I am getting my maximum yardages from my tee, and fairway game. Those extra few long game yards, makes those chip/pitch appraoches to the pin, easier, which in turn, leaves me shorter one putts.

I know its counter intuitive and ive proven it many times but I really like when my tee shots are finding fairways and getting reasonable distance.

I have played two balls at a time and have taken wildly different paths to the hole, only to end up with the same results. Statistics point to your short game and putting being the biggest influencers on a low score,

but it just feels good to have that confidence on the tee box!

Driving for me is a big confidence boost.

Driver. Even though I know my scoring is more impacted by short game, it makes the game more fun when I stand on the tee on the back nine knowing I’m going to smack the hell out of it and have it be playable.

Back