When Was Your Last Lesson?

I think it had to be at least 4years ago. Probably time to get some trained eyes on my swing and help me maximize my limited golfing ability.

My last lesson was in September. I’ll have more this year. The swing is better but still could use a little work.

I’m really interested in a “playing lesson” on the course for 18 holes. Has anyone ever done this? Any Pros or cons on this idea?

Couple of months ago

Too long ago. Need to get a few and more importantly find a coach I want to work with.

Roughly 18 months ago. Helped a ton. Wasn't getting my hands high enough in my backswing. Too flat a swing, which was causing a nasty hook.

On month two of three lessons per month through Skillest. Trying that route for now. More bang for the buck, have all the tech to do it, why not. Like my coach so far four lessons in.

2019. I figure my swing is what it is. If things get out of whack, I get my tripod out and go back to basics. If I get the takeaway correct, the rest of it goes correct.

Last one was the week before heading to California in December. Next one is tomorrow

Last February. It was only one. It was mostly to see what I needed to work on before the season started.

Never

Never had one. Talked to our pro about doing some work on my swing this winter. Will be working with him a little here very soon.

I've never had a lesson, formal or informal.
Same here. Self-taught and I shoot in the mid 70's to low 80's. I doubt lessons would help me go any lower. I just need to get more consistent off the tee and that comes with practice and repetition. I can work on that by myself.

End of September for me

6 months ago. I plan to start back up with a member at my club. He used to be a pro (even played on KF) and is wanting to start doing lessons again. I figured why not and see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early October , then life & holidays got in the way. I have been steadily working on the drills provided and will schedule another lesson in the next couple weeks.

My coach moved last Spring and I haven’t had a lesson since May of 2023.

Late Fall for me. Working on getting through the ball . I keep note cards from lessons that span 25 years. Amazing how I write the same things although different people tell me them. I think I’m dense. The word RELAX is a reference I’ve written many times. Perhaps I should tape a notecard to my forehead.

I've never had a lesson, formal or informal.
Me either, if I was able to play more than 10 times a year I probably would. Would love to take lessons and get better but for me and my lack of being able to play, or at least last year it not worth it for me. But I do have a whole new bag to review, so I'm going to try and play as much as possible lol

Me either, if I was able to play more than 10 times a year I probably would. Would love to take lessons and get better but for me and my lack of being able to play, or at least last year it not worth it for me. But I do have a whole new bag to review, so I'm going to try and play as much as possible lol
Sounds like we are in a very similiar stage if life haha. In addition I'm also happy with where my game is at. Could it be better, always. But, I'm having fun out there, and still know I have a few items within my control I can clean up. Most are mental aspects of the game.

My only lesson was when I bought a box set of Wilson’s in 2007 and the sales lady tried to show me how to grip the club. Been winging ever since.

It’s been a long time, when I lived in Charleston a few years ago I took one and the guy just adjusted my grip and my take away and he told me to go play and have fun. Not sure if that was a good thing or a you’re terrible thing :ROFLMAO:

Back