Where did you play your first round of golf?

A now defunct course by Bellaire MI.

Bucknell University Golf Course, Lewisburg, PA - April 1998

Neighbor's large back yard, we had 18 Campbell soup, or maybe veggie, cans sunk strategically around the lot, trees, etc. It wasn't long, not the best manicured, we tried though, stupid looking flags, but it was the fruit of our effort and was a lot of fun many many summers ago.

Whispering Pines Executive course. A par 3 course that I still think about. For the past 5 years it was going to be developed, but they have saved 9 holes among the retirement community there, now. I should go back to play it some time.

A muni called Northern Hills in Rochester Minnesota. I shot a sweet 72 on the front nine.

Honestly not sure, but probably Melrose Park Golf Course which is a city-owned lighted par 3.

George Wright GC in Boston, MA

Meadowbrook golf course in Arlington Tx
A 9 hole par 33 Muni. Didn't even have clubs at the time. Rented a set of cobras and went at it.

Looks like it's still there. Might be fun to check out next time I'm back home

Holy ****. I dated a girl who lived on Meadow Oaks when I lived in Arlington.

London Country Club in London, KY

Would love to play it again.

Warrington Country Club in Warrington PA. Think I was 6th grade. Took my first lessons there and played numerous times after that. Now it’s a housing development. Possibly people on this forum actually live in there. Was a fun place.

First round of any kind was at Rockland Lake State Park's executive course in Congers, NY. First round at a big course was the Rockland Lake Championship Course.

Only 1 mile from my home, door to door. It worked.

I remember you saying it's kind of a family thing to play your first round there. It's a fun little course.

View attachment 9214370
It's pretty cool how Goat Hill has really leaned into their vibe and some famous names in golf have bought in and helped bring it along. It kinda has a cult following status now. :LOL:

It's pretty cool how Goat Hill has really leaned into their vibe and some famous names in golf have bought in and helped bring it along. It kinda has a cult following status now. :LOL:
Yeah, and good food trucks. 😁 I had fun there.

First offical big course round was - Fraserview. But pitch and putt was my first golf course- Stanley park pitch and putt

Local hack course called strawberry valley Abington Mass. we called it strawberry helmet because you needed one . 😂

Highland Lakes Golf Course, muni in Richmond Indiana

Salem Municipal in Salem, MA

England Air Force base course with my dad

this is a great question. I think it was most likely at Safari golf club in Columbus, OH. It's owned by the Columbus Zoo and right across the street. They redid it about 10 years ago and now it's in pretty good shape, but it was rough for a while.

Diamond Hill in Valrico/Dover FL

Rocky Bayou Country Club in Niceville, FL.

Back