Where is your game?

I need to get out and play more often

Confused Pulp Fiction GIF

Haven't played yet - having recovered from injuries, have been on the range and retooling the 3wd with a shaft and waiting for the 5H to arrive.

On the range, it's looking good off grass. Have taken the time to improve the swing if not speed

Find out Monday, after a 4 week lay off.

I wish I knew. My swing feels ok but results aren’t. I straight toe shanked the driver like 4 times yesterday. I guess I need to get in the range with a camera and try to figure it out

Well, not sure. Just purchased new irons,
They arrive 7-10 days.
Hopefully get to use shorter irons into greens now!
Same driver, but the irons are certainly going farther

Until this past week it was hard to tell as I had only played a dozen rounds since October. My home club opened 5 days ago and I’ve played 3 rounds and hit balls for a couple hours since. My flexibility is improving and so has my ball striking. I’m super excited to practice and play now that my golf season is in full swing. My left shoulder isn’t 100% but my physical therapist is telling me it is strong enough for me to start speed training soon.

Tee game has been ok early this year
Irons are a bit of a struggle
Chipping is hot and cold
Putting has been pretty good

With limited play it is still getting better each round. Step by step, inch by inch. Advil, little Blue Pills, Icy Hot, and Bengay... Thank you so much.

In hibernation currently- first round scheduled for Saturday although it's rained for the last 24 hours and I'm not certain how soggy it's going to be.

Certainly looking forward to finding out though.
Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF by Hell's Kitchen

It was a rough first day

Up and down already this year. Had my C game at the Goat cup. Have played some decent rounds this year so far too. I get a round in the morning at 6:50am before the spring aeration on Tuesday. I'll check back in tomorrow lol

I’ll let you know when I can walk in a fairway without squishing.
You will also follow the Worldwide where we’re rolling in cold ready to catch fire!

The combination of frustration and hope early in the season has hit. I am hitting better drives and and putts, plus the irons are getting better.

Today’s round sums it up: 45, 38. The good stuff is there, it just comes and goes. Consistency will make it better.

Hopeful Had a few good rounds in Fla and I am ready to get out there.
League practice starts Mon.

This gif below sums it up. My last 4 rounds were 74-88-74-80. The 80 was with a 37 on the front side in which I had a double, triple, and 4 birdies.
Fun Ride GIF by PortAventuraWorld
Just to further enforce this rollercoaster. Yesterday I shot 34 on the front with 3 bogeys, 3 birdies, and an eagles. Then it was a 45 on the back for a 79. Today was a 40-46 for and 86 with two birdies.

Pretty happy where my game is, considering our schizophrenic weather and not being able to play with any consistency. Feeling pretty optimistic I'll get back into the 70s this summer.

Home club is supposed to open next Thursday so need to get in some range time and play on real grass. I played probably 10 times since February on simulator and first round out locally last week and had a number of thin iron shots that I attribute to simulator golf where I was picking the ball vs. hitting down on it.

Finally going to commit to shorten my driver swing and so far had some good ones and some not so good. Just need more practice to get timing right. I did find in a short test on simulator with old driver swing aka John Daly vs. Shorter swing (to me) I picked up 3-4 mph club head speed.

Also going to start speed training today although about 3 months later than last year due to injury rehab over the winter.

Coming into mid-April, when most should be able to be out playing, what is the current state of your game?
Just got out for the first time yesterday. Can't judge too much from one round, but it does look promising. Driver was looking good on the back nine, approaches were ok, short game just needs time, and putting was pretty good. 103, but it looked better than the score would indicate. Did not lose one ball...

Have no clue but about to find out this week

I've only played two nine hole rounds so far this spring and heading out for my first 18 in a couple hours. With league play starting in two weeks, hopefully today goes well. Made a swing change about a month back and I'd say I'm optimistic about seeing some improvement this year.

Golf is hard. I took that approach with driver and it is now paying off!
It is hard to hit the ball straight down the fairway but that maximizes my chance of staying in the fairway, versus hitting a draw or fade.
With a few weeks practice I can now do it consistently enough that I feel comfortable enough to get good distance!
I'm hitting trees ten feet off the ground that I couldn't reach before with foam practice balls!

The game itself is still mediocre at best. My desire to play is at about 12% of normal. That's up from the 0% interest it was a couple months ago.

2 weeks ago my ball striking was a in a great place. Over the last week it has totally fallen apart and I don't think a ball I've hit has come anywhere close to the middle of the clubface. Really taking the enjoyment of this game away. I'm early extending and I just can't seem to stop it.

Last year was awful, and the start of this year was the same. I went out and played Sunday and shot 76 out of nowhere. I got up and down 10/12 times and had 1 birdie. I haven't broke 80 at my course in a couple years so that was a great feeling. My handicap went from a 13.6 to an 11.9 with that one round.

Back