Which British football (soccer) club do you support and why?

Back in 1993 the game Championship Manager '93 came out and changed everything. Before that, I'd seen some FA Cup games and one match per Saturday on the tv. But when it came time to choose a club in the game, for reasons long forgotten, I chose Chelsea.

After that, I've spent thousands of hours ingame and watching the matches. I watch every game and have for the past 10 or so years since they've been accessible here.

Also, when Mikael Forssell played there, it was very cool. Now we (finns) have Lucas Bergström and Jimi Tauriainen coming up the ranks.

london football GIF by Arsenal

I was stationed in Sardinia from 1981-83, and met a couple from England who invited me to visit them in London. I took them up on their offer in March 1983 during my transfer back to the states. They asked if I wanted to watch “real football,” so after I finished laughing, we set out to Highbury Park to watch Arsenal beat Luton Town 4-1…I’ve been a Gunner ever since!!

london football GIF by Arsenal

I was stationed in Sardinia from 1981-83, and met a couple from England who invited me to visit them in London. I took them up on their offer in March 1983 during my transfer back to the states. They asked if I wanted to watch “real football,” so after I finished laughing, we set out to Highbury Park to watch Arsenal beat Luton Town 4-1…I’ve been a Gunner ever since!!
Such a nice story.

West Ham. Had a few drinks with some of their supporters on vacation last year and was told that's who I should cheer for. Seemed a good enough reason. Couldn't name a player on the team though.

Does the AFC Richmond Greyhounds count?

• On Fire
Reactions: Bus
Liverpool. I played college soccer with a guy from Liverpool. He got me watching the EPL, and of course made a Liverpool fan out of me. Now my kids have started to pick it up too as they get into the game.

Villa were my local team as a kid so that’s my team. I’m also a season ticket holder at Monterey Bay Union who are my local team here that play in the USL. It wasn’t that long ago, I’d wake up and watch Villa loose in a morning and then watch Monterey lose in an evening that meant my Saturdays were shite LOL. Thankfully, things have changed a little now.

Back