Which Irons - Don't want to buy the wrong set......

Hit them side by side and although my swing wasn’t perfect I just couldn’t hit the apex 19 at all. The P790 seemed to be more forgiving.

Have you tried the Mizuno Hot Metals? I was all in on Apex 19 or Srixon 585s, but at the last minute I asked the fitter to have the Mizzuno 919 Forged, and HMs there for when I came in, and I'm glad I did because they were the clear winner for me. I was wanting to squeeze some more distance out of my irons so I opted for the HMs over the Forged, but I could have played either really.

The Apex 19s were close for me in #s to the HMs but in the end I felt more comfortable with the Mizzies.

If you haven't given them a hit yet, I would suggest you try them because they are great IMO.

I have hit the P790 921 Hot Metal and Ping G410 havent tried the apex. Nothing in it between the mozzies and P790. I want to pull the trigger of P790 as producing a nice high draw and landing dead centre but my pro said they wouldnt come before end of January and new clubs will be out. This was in a proper fitting session with kbs 120 stiff taper shafts in the p790.
They were unbelievable i hit 10 shots in a row 6 dead centre and the other 5 with 5 yard dispersion.

Back