Which of the older Callaway irons are your favorite?

Jackal

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been looking around and some of the local guys are playing Callaway irons that are older models.
Some of them told me it was for financial reasons.
Other have said they play the X-** series because they haven't found anything better.
The X- 14 & X- 16 seem to be a favorite.
Let me know your favorite model no# matter how old they are.
Also, tell us why.

Thanks

Probably the original Big Bertha/Great Big Bertha lines. I never played them, but my brother-in-law did.

Diablo Edge. Point and shoot with those things. So forgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Stenson Black Legacy irons were awesome.

I'm kind of impartial to the X-22's.

At one time I had a set of S2H2's and a set of X-16's. I still have the S2H2's.

I go old school .... X18's

At one time I had a set of S2H2's and a set of X-16's. I still have the S2H2's.

The S2H2 were amazing for their time. I wish I still had them just to hang on the wall

x-14s were a terrific set of irons.

And I keep hearing most often from people that for them, "the Steelhead XRs are the best Callaway iron since the x-14."

The Original X Tours, great sticks

I didn't really have any of the older Callaways. Back then I pretty much played nothing but Mizuno irons. The X22 Tours was my first go-around with Callaway irons.

X-18's

Razr X Black with Uni-Flex steel shafts were my favorites.

X-Forged 2013

Legacy blacks

X-12's. Loved those irons and gamed them a long long time.

I have the X-12's, 1 iron through LW, so I am a little biased towards them. But I really want the X-14 Pro Series.

X-12s for me, also. They were my first set of "real" sticks. Played them for about 4 years. Switched to Nike Slingshots. I played with them for a while but I couldn't get over the sound of them. Played Cally Fusions (not the Wide Soles) until this newest set (Cally Apex).

Yeah, I'm a bit of a fanboi.

X-12s for me, also. They were my first set of "real" sticks. Played them for about 4 years. Switched to Nike Slingshots. I played with them for a while but I couldn't get over the sound of them. Played Cally Fusions (not the Wide Soles) until this newest set (Cally Apex).

Yeah, I'm a bit of a fanboi.

Yeah, my X-12's were my first real set too. I also have a set of 2006 Big Berthas, 3 through SW, but I can't get along with them and they will be heading down the road soon.

I liked the Razr x forged irons that Furyk still plays.

I've gamed a bunch of different iron sets in the X-Series.
X-14
X-18
X-24
X2 Hot

My favorite by far was the X-18s, followed by the X-24s.

I never hit the X series irons, so my favorite Callaway irons of all time are the Diablo Forged. If it wasn't for that $1,199 price tag…

Back