Which sunscreen application works best on the golf course

chasDog

It's all Good!
Reaction score
Handicap
Just got back from the dematologist. Other than a few spots they froze everything looks good. The doc did stress the importance of sunscreen on the golf course though, so which sunscreen do you use and are the spray on ones any good.

In the summer in Arizona when UV is so much worse, I apply lotion based sunscreen before heading to the course. In the winter and spring I apply spray when I arrive at the course.

Without questions...Banana Boat SPF 50 Spray, works great as a bug repellent too. However, I always use a heavier lotion on my nose as well.

Wich sunscreen application works best on the golf course

Wich sunscreen application works best on the golf course

I use spf 100 lotion on my face and neck and spray sunscreen on my arms and legs.

Slightly off topic but a PSA. Don't apply aerosol sunscreen or bug spray while standing in the grass. If you need to apply it do so on the cart path.

baffea010115b40286c33c5799b0f105.jpg

I can't remember the last time I used sunscreen except for on my nose. Man is only given 1 big organ. I got a nose. When I was living on my boat, I wore polished type lenses. With reflection off the water and sunglasses, my nose caught heck. So I used zinc oxide on it.

I actually think I am going to be switching to a roll on sunscreen or wipes.

Anything 'sport' rated, at least spf 50. I use coppertone sport spf 50 lotion.

I'll also reapply at the turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golfer skin is a really good product and doesn't leave the hands all greasy. It comes in a lotion and rollon.

This is the stuff I recently switch to and I find it pretty awesome for a lotion. Not to greasy and a very pleasant scent.

20_40050__07672.1409936905.1280.1280.jpg

I'm apparently a bad one to make recommendations, since I'm currently going through topical chemotherapy on face to literally burn off years of sun damage and pre-cancers. But, currently I'm using the below product. Also like Banana Boat. One advice I can give is that one application is NOT enough protection for 18 holes.

0b5742966ea6d9a8e41fe3c8664319d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i use sport spray 50 on arms, legs and back of neck. and i use 50 lotion on my face and ears, some super thick stuff from neutrogena i think. the ears are often neglected.

anyone heard of or use GolfersSkin brand besides emart2173

I use Golfers Sunscreen and love it. Easy to apply and no "slick" feeling left on your hand when done applying.

I use the Neutragena that V.Man showed above but I get the 100spf. I've had several instances of skin cancer so I don't mess around with it.

Any recommendations that have Zinc Oxide? the doc said that was really good too.

Last edited:
Any recommendations that have Zinc Oxide? the doc said that was really good too.
Banana boat kids spf50

It's what we use for my son but I also use it all the time. Wife will only buy stuff that has zinc oxide in it for the little guy, can't see it being any less effective for us too.

Banana boat kids spf50

It's what we use for my son but I also use it all the time. Wife will only buy stuff that has zinc oxide in it for the little guy, can't see it being any less effective for us too.

plus the "Kid/Baby" stuff won't sting your eyes

Back