Which would you game and why?

Which driver profile ( ball flight/spin/launch ) would you want to game?

• Driver 1

• Driver 2

• Driver 3

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tevenor

2021 Grandaddy Alum / 2022 Grandaddy AssCap
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
5ish
So I spent some time on the sim trying out some different lofts/shaft combos just for fun and in prep for potentially getting some Callaway love in the near future. In the mean time though, take a look at these 3 driver results. I am not going to go into which ones are which because its not about what the club and shaft is but rather about which results set would you most want to game.

Driver 1 had the highest ball speed and highest spin and highest carry but also had the highest dispersion circle left to right resulting in sending balls left and right.
Driver 2 had the lowest ball speed, total distance and carry but was the straightest and tightest dispersion circle but lost yards.
Driver 3 had hte lowest spin and flattest flight path with almost the same ball speed as Driver 1 but with a whole lot less spin resulting in more total distance but with a constant draw/hook flight path.

So which is it? Is there one flight/launch/spin result that more fits your game and your eye? Like one dispersion pattern better than the other? Whats your choice and why?

IMG_20210117_130206.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t think you can really go wrong with any of those. Just depends on what you’re after and what conditions you’ll be playing. Are your fairways hard or soft? Windy course or calm?

If it were me, I’d take #1. Highest ball speed and longest carry. Our fairways are notoriously soft so I’ll take all the carry I can get - I’m not getting any roll out.

Yeah, I'm torn between 1 & 2 but leaning toward 1. Speed is king.

I would go with driver 1. I think the dispersion could be an easy fix or an outlier. I would also be more than happy with any of the three.

1, easily. Either it favors right, fine by me, or still gets the best ball speed despite one or more of the things that can push shots right and add launch and spin happening. Correcting even one of those things could drop the spin and/launch some.

My first preference would be Driver #1, but in a lower loft.

But if I only had these three options I'd go Driver #3 assuming it's adjustable. Reduce the loft by a degree to open the face and straighten out that draw. From there I'd work on my delivery and tee heights to optimise launch conditions for certified bombs.

I'm going #1, and spending time on the range working on dispersion. As long as the dispersion isn't penal and I still have a second shot then I'm taking the extra yards all day.

I would look at the reasons for the dispersion of driver 1, and if it is something that can be fixed quite easily then it would likely be the favourite, but the 2 way miss would potentially concern me

However, I would also consider driver 3, as it has similar ball speed and carry distance, but with a consistent right to left flight, it would give me more confidence knowing that I can eliminate one side of the course and start the ball on the right edge of the fairway and expect it to finish in a decent spot

If 1 has the highest ball speed and carry while spinning the most that's the driver. Not sure how many you hit, but that would be the easiest to control over the long haul IMO.

Straight is always good. #2

3 would be eliminated right away because of that potential hook. That's a no go for me.

I love the flight of 1 and I'd probably work with it a little to see if I could get a little better consistency. I'd love the smaller dispersion of 2 but 7 yards in carry is a lot to give up. I think I'd try tuning 1 in the best I could.

Driver 2 for me. I want to keep in play!

Driver 1. Highest speed. Highest spin is still just fine.

Driver 3 is my pick. Consistent right to left. Driver 1 is a two way miss that I don't want to complicate my round anymore than it is. Driver 2 is okay for shorter courses/holes but if I can get the distance of Driver 3 why not.

As a fade/slice hitter I would be all over #3. Good carry, low spin and, you said it had a low penetrating flight. Sign me up! 😎

I'd go with driver 2. Long is great. Straight is even better. Long and straight is awesome! Plus, it hits longer than anything I could ever do so I wouldn't be losing yards.:ROFLMAO:

Im going with Driver 3. Speed and distance of course stands out but for me id say with the dispersion circle mainly on the left side it appears to be a one way miss. Depending on the loft and if there is a weight track it can be an easy fix. You can even put some beautiful lead tape heavy on the toe side to slow rotation a little if there are no moveable weights

I also want to go with Driver 2 but at 4mph difference theres something off there that cant be ignored

Since I didn't understand any of the information didn't vote, just want to be in the fairway.

# 1. I’ll take the distance at the expense of dispersion.

I went with driver number 2. Consistency over distance every time. A few yards lost but knowing I have a better opportunity to be in the fairway is a plus.

Driver 2 by a mile.
Being in the fairway isn't overrated!!!
Having found a driver I have confidence in I can say it is huge to be in the short grass more often!

Can you do additional fitting on #1? I like the launch, spin and speed of that one. Different shaft, moveable weight, hosel adjustments and you could be in business.

Back