Review White Golf DA VINCI 1.2 SOPHIE BLACK Putter

TJRyska

#LivingtheDream
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.5
Good evening,

Over the last few months I have been testing out a White Golf putter. For those who haven't heard about White Golf, check out their website for more info (putt.fun).

In short, it is a modular putter. There is a small screw in the tip of the handle. You unscrew it and the grip slides off. You can adjust the length of the putter and add weights to adjust the overall weight. I love tinkering with clubs and when I saw this, I had to reach out to the company.

B3DBA325-0A7E-4B15-A90A-F436FB2390FA.jpeg

Here is a picture of the grip removed. As I mentioned above you can spin that mechanism in the center to adjust the length of the putter. I like my putters a tad shorter, so I lowered it down to roughly 34 inches. The grip comes off easily and the system is easy to use. The website has tons of videos of well to assist you in making changes to the putter.

IMG_0953.JPGIMG_0951.JPG

Here is a picture of the tool that is provided to remove the grip and the weight kit. I personally loved the feel of the putter without any additional weight. I tried to add some, but kept removing them because I like the feel. Additionally, here is another picture of the mechanism in the center of the putter that allows you to adjust the length and add additional weights.

IMG_1368.JPGIMG_0955.JPGIMG_0956.JPG

Here's a few picture of the putter head. I like the mat black finish. You can choose black or silver. The only downside is the putter cover wasn't' my favorite. It was a pretty thin neoprene cover, so I upgraded and bought a Swag cover for it.

IMG_1807.JPG

The putter feels great. The ball is smooth off the face. The putter does have a little bit of a louder "ping" to it when you hit putts. Louder than my Scotty Cameron, but still the ball rolls real well. I loved it alot from the get go.

IMG_0957.JPG

They also have a ton of options for grip colors and grip options. I went with the more traditional grip and love it.

The putter is quite affordable as well. Currently, $139.92 on the website. It's a lot of fun to use and I love the fact that a player can make so many adjustments to it to find the perfect fit for you. Give the putter a chance. I think you will really enjoy it. I will most likely be keeping it in my bag and using it a ton.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or reach out to White Golf and Mark over there will be happy to help you out!

Last edited:
Most of your pictures did not attach..

Good to go..

Thanks for taking the time to do this write-up. This is a pretty cool concept (especially the kits), and seems like a tinkerers dream.

Thanks for taking the time to do this write-up. This is a pretty cool concept (especially the kits), and seems like a tinkerers dream.
Oh 100%. I came across it and thought this would be perfect to review for THP cause we have so many folks who love to tinker with clubs.

Did you buy the putter direct from them?

Did you buy the putter direct from them?
I got it directly from White Golf. I don’t believe you can get them anywhere else but I may be wrong.

I think the shape is decently done. Its obviously a catalogued item, but with some fun change there.
I know PING had adjustable length done as well, but I have always viewed length adjustments as not as much a necessity as lie angle, since most can buy their putter in the length that suits them. This takes length adjustment and adds in weight adjustment, but that can also be done with Super Stroke grips in general.

I can genuinely say I have never heard of this company, but I am guessing an individual ordered a bunch and is trying to get going and for that we wish them the best of luck. Tough market, even tougher without a more refined finish. Glad you are enjoying it as well.

I think its fun. Be curious how often someone makes adjustments.

This is a very interesting concept!

Could you do me a favor and take a picture of the face where we can see the impact area better in the light.

What surprised you the most about how this performs? In your eyes who should be looking at this putter? Did the company give you any history/background on why they chose to do this and bring it to market?

Could you do me a favor and take a picture of the face where we can see the impact area better in the light.

What surprised you the most about how this performs? In your eyes who should be looking at this putter? Did the company give you any history/background on why they chose to do this and bring it to market?
I’ll get you the picture later this morning and respond to your questions as well.

Never heard of them.
Pretty interesting customization options.
Not a big tinkerer when it comes to the putter, but I like the modular aspect of being able to switch heads and grips easily. Neat idea. I like the aesthetic customization too, like different colored necks etc

Good price point too.

IMG_1809.JPG

Here's a picture of the face.

What surprised you the most about how this performs?
  • Based on the fact that it is roughly $130, I was surprised how much I liked the feel. I have a Scotty Cameron California Coronado that I've been using for over a decade. Haven't been able to find something I like more than it. Using this, I felt like the touch and feel was very similar (at least to me) when using this White Golf putter. My distance control with this putter on longer lag putts was better than with my Scotty.
In your eyes who should be looking at this putter?
  • Folks who like to tinker with their clubs. Also, maybe someone who has been fit for a putter or who doesn't like the idea of getting fit (maybe doesnt want to pay or nervous about doing it for some reason). I could even see someone who is new to golf and just trying to figure out what works for them.
Did the company give you any history/background on why they chose to do this and bring it to market?
  • Nothing beyond what is on the website. The website gives a few examples of reasons to try it out...
    • You aren't married to these critical decisions forever.
    • No buyer's remorse because you can make this putter into whatever you want.
    • You evolve, and it evolves with you.
    • The bottom line: It's not really just one putter; it's every possible putter.
    • It could be a good gift. It's hard to buy a club for a golfer, especially if you are not a golfer.
    • The golfer who gets this can make it match his preferences.
    • Perfect fit - Perfect feel... every time.
    • You will be a hero for finding this treasure for him.

Has anyone else tried this putter out? Interested in your thoughts

Took a tour of the website. The putter kit seems quite interesting. I could see great use with a Jr golfer which initially has a shorter putter and grows into it being longer. Thanks sharing.

Took a tour of the website. The putter kit seems quite interesting. I could see great use with a Jr golfer which initially has a shorter putter and grows into it being longer. Thanks sharing.
Yes that’s a great point as well!

Back