Who’s with me? Hitting off mats is the worst.

Scooby45

Use data, get better.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10ish
If I never hit off a mat again I could live life as a happy golfer.

Thoughts?

If I never hit off a mat again I could live life as a happy golfer.

Thoughts?
Hitting off mats are the worse. I refuse to do it.

I do it when the range is mats only. It’s better than nothing at all. But yes, I vastly prefer grass and would be completely fine if they just did grass all the time.

Definitely prefer hitting off grass over any mats. However on my sim the sigpro softy is not bad and at and miles better than any mat at a range.

Holy f**k, finally a non-controversial topic that everyone can agree on.

Maybe…..

Mats suck, even the ones that try not to be mats.

Hitting off mats sucks.

It is my absolutely LAST DITCH option

I absolutely hate it. I also notice that after practicing on mats, my game goes to crap when I get back on grass.

Yes it sucks and hides strike issues.

Holy f**k, finally a non-controversial topic that everyone can agree on.

Maybe…..

Mats suck, even the ones that try not to be mats.
Wait for the garage sim crew lol.

Preach my friend.

Comedy Nbc GIF by Perfect Harmony

I only do it when I have absolutely no alternative.

The worst is here they open the course with matts on the par 3s, and they use the worst mats they have for them, putting the better ones on the range.

Depends on the mats.

Mats are the worst.

I usually hate it but don’t have much of a choice given the climate. Approaching the time of year where I stop hitting off mats until the outdoor ranges open….considering the weather it could be a few more weeks

I’m not a fan but there’s no choice here. The only grass range within 50mi is at a private course.

Full on agree.

I can't stand mats

Parks And Recreation GIF by Peacock

I have a very thick pleasant to hit of mat in the garage.

Now it you’re talking about worn out abused things at dried out ranges and some top golf locations, yes they need to go.

Yeah, firm, rubber mats are a bad thing. They can damage clubs, hide poor club/ball contacts, and even worse, cause physical injury to the golfer.

When it's "mats only" at my course, here's what I do. That mat is $20 at Walmart.

Attachments

• My Mat Fix.jpg
    My Mat Fix.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1
I agree. but I have no choice. when golf courses near me close up by Nov, driving ranges are the only option and its mats or no golf.

Back