Who else plays a Low Compression ball?

Callaway supersofts for me or the E6 soft. I really like a softer golf ball. I remember i forgot a ball when i walked up to the tee box and my playing partner thru me a Vx1, it felt like a rock compared to what i play.

I play the Callaway ChromeSoft usually. I did pick up a dozen SuperSofts to play on vacation a few months back, so will go back to the ChromeSoft when those are gone.

Not typically but my club started selling Srixon Soft Feels at the counter on the cheap and I started playing them a bunch during the winter...great balls.

I like the Srixon Soft Feel balls and the Wilson Duo Softs. They work quite well for me

Played the TopFlite Gamer Urethane ball today. Don't know what the compression is but a soft impact feel of all clubs in the bag. Impressive distance and GREAT hit, hop & stop on the greens, especially with the 8, 9, pw & gw due to the urethane cover. Will play them again tomorrow.

Have you tried just the regular white Duo Soft or the Duo Soft Spin? I haven't seen the Soft Spin around to try. I only have 1 golf shop locally that seems to carry Wilson balls and I only recall seeing the Optix in the shop.

Yes I have. All around value and feel you can't go wrong with the regular Duo Soft. These are my preference over the Optix now even though I love the matte finishes. The Duo Spin I was referring to is the Duo Soft Spin as far as I know, I just did not describe it as accurately as possible.

I've also played the Callaway Supersoft which is pretty nice as well, but a bit pricier for no added benefit and a higher compression. Wilson seems to have the low compression ball market figured out at the moment and it's been that way for awhile.

I’ve been playing the Vice Pro Softs.

I've been intrigued by those. Have you played Duo's or Supersofts? How do they compare?

TIA

I’ve played the supersofts, not the duos, and I also liked the supersofts. I think the vice pro softs feel softer. I’m able to get better spin on the ball in my short game, and typically I don’t get much. If I hit it perfect with the driver or irons, it feels like hitting a marshmallow, but it launches off the face, its very deceiving. I’ve hit some of my longest and straightest drives with this ball. My driver swing speed only taps out around 95 at the absolute most. It takes a little getting used to when putting, it’s crazy soft. Overall I like them and I think that it’s going to be my go to ball this season.

Back