Who is the best putter you have played with?

@jdtox within the last year. We played together at Dormie Club for three days and dude was making everything. Uphill, downhill, side benders and bombs. That flatstick was on fire…

@jdtox within the last year. We played together at Dormie Club for three days and dude was making everything. Uphill, downhill, side benders and bombs. That flatstick was on fire…
I still wonder why I ever changed the grip. Putter was never the same after that :ROFLMAO:

2 guys I have played with stand out to me @Lions81 and @Canadan always around the hole even if it doesn't go in and rarely 3 putt

I got matched with three other single walk ons. One of them, a 50 something, was playing the Monday qualifier for a mackenzie tour event.

Ended up shooting a 71 ( he called it a bad day, us three shot low 90's) but the putting was crazy. Greens were fast and undulating. He dropped putts from everywhere.

Played with a guy in a scramble event who was an All-American at NC State and played on the mini tours. Our team naturally would miss the birdie or eagle putt and he would step up and nail it. I have played with some really good golfers and good putters, including PGA Tour winners, but he was far and away the best putter I've ever seen. The only thing holding him back from being on tour was length. If he was even slightly below average distance-wise, he would have made it on tour.

About 5 or 6 years ago, I played with a younger guy who was a sushi chef at a nearby restaurant. He had a bright gold mallet putter from Honma that looked like a cross between a LAB Directed Force and a fang. Thought it was so flashy and so bulky he couldn't be a good putter. Made everything in sight. He had a nice, smooth and slow swing with his irons that looked phenomenal, but resulted in some higher fades which drifted offline. He even made the long ones. The guy had a confidence that he could rifle a 50 footer 5 feet by the hole and still make the comebacker. I have a feeling if his irons sharpened a bit and added some length off the tee, the guy would be unstoppable in amateur tournaments around me.

On another note, my wife is an outstanding green reader. I wish I had her eyes! Put that with my Eleven putter, and I'd be lights out...alas...

I dont know.. lol.. Maybe @Jman

Seemed like he made everything that mattered.

I have 2 new regulars I play with and they both have trouble missing putts. One even has an odd angled stance when putting but he makes many putts from 15 feet. Since this is the weakest part of my game it is great to see an example of good putting in front of me. I know even at 20 or 30 yards further down the hole than they are, the hole is still up for grabs. The consistency is incredible.

Tony Toulon, he was on fire at the Odyssey Experience.

Tim Beans, without a doubt. Tim played at the University of Arizona and later played on some mini-tours and caddied a bit on the PGA and LPGA tours; but I've never seen a better putter in my life. He told me he broke his wrist when he was young, and it sort of fused as it healed. He says this is the reason he putts so consistently.

I just played with him in Cabo in December, and over 2 rounds, he just poured in putt after putt.

One of my buddies who has played in the Texas Am and a +5 is the best putter I have seen. Can't tell you how many times I watched him make a 7-12 to tie or beat me on a hole when I thought I had a chance. He makes more long putts or pressure putts than anyone I know. When he gets on fire with the putter everything is dropping and he can shoot low 60's to even high 50's depending on the course. It's freaking fun to watch.

That's a really tough one.

Man, really tough. All I whittled it down to is that none of my actual friends or local acquaintances are anywhere near the top of the list.

A teaching pro from a club I used to play at. He qualified for the PGA. I have never seen anyone putt like that. It was incredible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This older gentleman by the name of Sam, I met at the pitch and putt course when I first fell in love with the game. He used an old putter guessing from the 1960's but anything 8 feet and under he drained it. Outside that distance he was burning the edges, best putter I've seen hands down. The last time I saw him around was 10 years ago, he would be in his mid 90's now, but wow that man could putt.

I played with Wyndham Clark at a Byron Nelson pro am and he was the best at everything for someone I actually played with.

A random single joined my group of friends years ago. He was wearing jeans (aghast!), so was immediately judged. He proceeded to make every single putt on the course, and was posting a pretty good number. Around the 13th hole or so we finally asked him - who the hell are you? He was a local pro. He then gave us some unsolicited swing tips. He tore my friend to shreds on his swing. It was a memorable day on the course with a rando.

Fritz R. I have played a lot of golf with Fritz and while he does have bad days, he generally is amazing when putting both longer putts and those inside of 6 feet.

Probably @Canadan for me. It’s been a while since we played but he always dropped bombs when we did

One of my regular playing partners who I met 5 years ago when I joined my club. He’s 73 now but consistently makes more putts than anyone I’ve know. He has 17 club championships to his credit and was on the + side of scratch until his late 60’s. He has so many great stories and has played everywhere including Augusta National more than a dozen times.

I played 9 holes with Jordan Spieth when he was in high school, so I will say him!

If not him, it’s my Uncle. He is one of those people who is good at everything, and better the more he drinks. He’s infuriating. Drafted out of high school by the Mets, multiple 300 games in bowling, 6 hole in ones.

Lies. It’s me, I’m the best putter you’ve ever played with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very true. Still won’t ever forget the look on @JB when that long birdie dropped at Waldorf

Back