Why Are Most Boxer Shorts So Uncomfortable!!

oli150194

Reaction score
Help me out here please if you can. So I usually buy quite nice branded underwear which claims to do all of this and all of that but they are so uncomfortable. I can be sitting there doing absolutely nothing and they would ride up and up like they are being eaten. Does anyone know of any good, comfortable fitting boxers? What do people recommend? (apart from going commando)

No problems with Fruit of the Loom boxer briefs. They don't ride up, but if you like "normal" boxers that are loose on the legs I don't think you can avoid the riding up.

I tried duluth. One pair. One time. And never bought another brand. Like kohls, wait for sales. You dont even know they are there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always wear boxer briefs and never have a problem. Like others I get them on sale. I also get whatever is 1 size up from my waist size so they are not uncomfortable around my waist. Tight on the legs, loose on the waist, hold the junk in place.

2Xist - I wait for their sales

I also 'prefer' boxers, but will try and find ones with the longest seam length and maybe a size larger to prevent the 'crunchies' down there. Second choice are boxer briefs, again with longer seam length. HOWEVER- I have found a few brands of Boxer briefs that have no "Access", so to speak. Who thought THAT was a good idea? You get to the urinal cringing for a wazz, and then you have to unbuckle, attempt to hold up your pants, and simultaneously try and "free Willy" to unload that golden stream of relief... Obviously designed by a sitter.

I moved from tighty whiteys decades ago to cotton boxer briefs. I thought they were awesome and wore them for years. Then.

I switched to UnderArmour boxer briefs. World beaters compared to the cotton ones. They have 6" and 9" depending on how long you like them on your legs. They're awesome!

i rock bikini briefs :love:

Saxx boxer briefs for the win. They are the best underwear I have ever worn. I think there are some other good ones that I haven't worn but I have turned over all my daily underwear for Saxx. I have the Platinums which are a bit looser fitting and the Vibes which are a bit more snug. The Vibes are better for golf. I also have a couple of pairs of Tommy Johns I wear to play golf in as the legs are a bit longer and they are comfortable for a long walk.

2Undr all day long. Life changing gonch!

Tommy John are also very good - they stay tight around your legs. With others, like 2Xist, a synthetic or blend does a better job.

I tried duluth. One pair. One time. And never bought another brand. Like kohls, wait for sales. You dont even know they are there.

Yes Duluth is expensive but so worth it. I own over $200 worth of Duluth underwear and it’s the best ever, never plan to buy anything else.

I have been a loose fitting boxers guy since college. I find boxer briefs too HOT and CLINGY!! I have a number of brands, but a lot are getting really old now! Jockey, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, some others. I search for the "knit boxers" that are super soft like t-shirt material almost, but thicker. (y)
I wear the Under Armour boxer briefs for golf. I have had some of the 2Xist and agree that brand is pretty nice.

The problem I have with ALL pants/shorts/underwear: the depth of the rise, and the length of the inseam.
I need a deep rise down there for my athletic booty that sticks out. Most pants have about a 4" rise and a 2" zipper.
You have to wear them on your waist low-rider like Britney Spears circa 2000. :LOL:

Most clothing I find to be ill-fitting now, as they use as little material for highest profits possible.
Thus, the "skinny legs tapered ankles" movement. Less material, more profits. Same with mesh shoes. Not a fan.

Boxer jocks by UA, Jockey...haven't tried 2undr, 2xist or duluth but thanks for reccomendation

Yes Duluth is expensive but so worth it. I own over $200 worth of Duluth underwear and it’s the best ever, never plan to buy anything else.

I would be scared of my wife if i added up how much i have spent on these. Probably 300+. But, they have different styles to appease everyone.

I would be scared of my wife if i added up how much i have spent on these. Probably 300+. But, they have different styles to appease everyone.

Thankfully it’s mostly been birthday money or whatnot so I’m not scared of the wife with these.

I switched to UnderArmour boxer briefs. World beaters compared to the cotton ones.
UA are supposed to be the best, but they're pretty expensive. Sam's Club has 3-packs of Reebok boxer briefs for a lot less money. Probably not as good as the UA's, but I like 'em well enough.

UA are supposed to be the best, but they're pretty expensive. Sam's Club has 3-packs of Reebok boxer briefs for a lot less money. Probably not as good as the UA's, but I like 'em well enough.
Yeah, they're not cheap... but compared to the Hanes and Fruit of the Looms I had before... the UA take up less space in my britches.:):oops::rolleyes::LOL:

Really, the fabric the UA's are made of is much thinner, breathable, and supportive than the cotton. I had some pair of Hanes that would just "quit" by the end of the day and wouldn't support any longer.

I tried the UA's on the recommendation of someone that said they've experienced long long time of the fabric not falling apart or forming holes or anything. They said something like 10 years or something...

2Undr uses a modal fabric that is pretty awesome .Every style has a fly and a no roll waistband which I have challenged during Covid.

Look, if your not sure check duluth. Watch for sales. Look at the offerings and pick a pair to try. I promise you will want to wear them every day

Boxers are not the way to go, boxer briefs are the way to go now. Sheath is the brand I like most, nice pouch to keep you from pinching and tugging on yourself lol.

All boxer briefs are compression shorts, if you squat enough.

Back