Akh223

Reaction score
Handicap
Why do you ______ (love, tinker, try, buy, sell, trade, collect, etc,) putters?

For me it is the fact that it is the only club that I can practice with indoors on a daily basis if I want to. I think being able to practice makes me want to try new ones in the elusive search to find the "one". I can be content with my driver, hybrids, irons, wedges and know that it is my swing that needs work, but being able to come home and putt at night on my big moss makes me want to swap putters all the time.

What is your reason?

I haven't found it yet, but when someone does, please let me know how to stop it. Lol.

I love putters but I don't tinker too much. When I find a putter I usually stick with it for a while.

I have only owned 5 putters in 15 years so once it's in the bag it stays for a while. Every putters I own seems to progress better then the last kind of strange. The roll and consistency seems top in my current gamer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love putters but I don't tinker too much. When I find a putter I usually stick with it for a while.
Yeah, I thought so too. Then a friend gave me his Daddy long legs to try :(
Now I either want a DDL or a Futura-X, I thought I was set..

I like putters. I have many. I switch often. I make no apologies.

I love them because it's by far the most important piece of equipment to own, and you use it more per round than any other club (while trying to use it as few times as possible). I was experimenting for a while on head shape and everything, but I think I've found the right one for me now and will probably just get a couple different brands/styles to give me options.

I collect/tinker with them, mostly because they're pretty. Also because it's a club where the course conditions dramatically alters how they play. There are slow greens and fast greens out there, and that impacts what putter I'm likely to prefer, for example.

I typically dont tinker near as much with my putter as I do with other clubs. I probably tinker most with wedges. Putters to me dont change that much. Meaning of course they all look and feel different, but I feel that putter to putter technology doesnt necessarily make it go in the hole. Its fun to buy that shiney new putter tho and im currently loving my new one

I have tinkered with and collected putters for a long time. The attraction for me is that there is literally thousands of putters from thousands of makers in the history of the game. There have been more "little" putters makers worldwide than any other club in golf. Collecting lead me to restoring, and restoring lead me to making. Making a putter is harder than one would think with minimal amount of money for the right equipment.

The putter is often the weakness of many good players, and is often the most changed club in most peoples bag. If you love golf and love to collect, putters can be a low cost hobby or a high cost one. I have zero interest in a $3000 Scotty 009. I'd rather own 100 $30 putters instead.

I started tinkering with changing putters because I realized it was the easiest way for me to reduce strokes on my round. when looking back at my score cards I realize that reducing my two and three putts made a huge difference.

Putter style preference change from time to time. Sometimes I like blade style, sometimes I like small mallet, etc etc… if my putting goes awry and I start two and three putting everything then I'll make a change until I find something that feels comfortable. Fortunately for me the last one I found has been working pretty well so I'm hoping that I won't have to make a change this season. But on the off chance that I feel something isn't working right I've already got two in mind that I am ready to pick up and put them the bag.

I owned 1 putter when I joined THP, now I own 6. I think the fun of putters is the vastly different styles out there. All the other clubs are relatively the same, but putters are just all over the board, thus making them fun to collect.

Putters, especially SeeMores, are just pretty. Since finding my perfect specs / grip about 1.5 years ago, I do not tinker with them much after initially getting them set.

I love messing around with my putters until I get them right. I must have bent my Yes half a dozen timed last winter until it got right. Most of the summer was two putts even with little to no practice time.

Putter is the one club you can mess with without a garage full of tools. If you watch what is going on with your putting and play and map your trends you can have success doing your own work.

Because putters are so unique; other clubs in general (wedges being the main exception) have the same look, weight, etc. Putters can be long, short, heavy, blade, mallet, and many other combination. Each making you think you can be better. Actual statistics don't always prove out that the most important club in the bag is the putter, but in every tournament a missed putt can be the difference and pretty much every championship moment in golf the player has a putter in hand.

I don't change or collect putters as much as I used to, but it is always the first and last place I go in a golf shop and really what I am interested in discussing when on golf forums.

I have a problem of always tinkering and with the putter it's the one club that I can mess with anywhere. Always looking for that one that helps roll the ball better and make more putts.

Back