Wilson C300 and C300 Forged Irons

Your post got me thinking so I measured. Appears my grips are standard circumference

I would have liked to hit the forge before getting another set of cast but liked the c200 cast so well that could not risk both head and shaft changes at the same time.

today I did some practice with the c300 cast and on very well struck shots it is clearly longer then the c200. It just continues to climb higher where the c200 would start to drop. I guess lower spin. Will be watching for 2 things when I play these on a course- 1- do I get balls that are abnormally long. 2- they are high but do they stop on the green.

today I did some work with the PW and 8i around the green and I did not experience any hot face reactions I would not expect with the c200 which is great. Seeing how hot some of the full swings can be that was a concern but appears not an issue.

finally got these guys on a course yesterday. one of those frustrating days where I drive the ball 50 yards short of an elevated green and then 3 chip/pitch (so sad). anyway can't blame that on irons.

Here is my short take. I continue to practice with my C200's. In the same shaft, these clubs are very similar and I don't need to wear out my groves on the c300s. on the course, a bad swing is a bad swing. I don't see any material difference on my bad swings and bad pitches. Both provide me more then I deserve on some of my swings

along comes the elevated green par 3 that is #14. Everyone pulls the 4h but I decide on paper that the 5i should be right. Then comes a ball flight that might be the most pure iron swing I've hit; that is because only I saw the 6i out of the rough on #12. Anyway, 2 of the purest ball flights that I've ever hit on the same day for an experienced golfer is not total luck. These irons are more then capable if I make a reasonable golf move. The low spin is my guess at why I can sometimes create great ball flight with these.

Anyone still gaming these?
Looking for a cheap upgrade from my D200's. Was looking at the C300 non forged. I"m around a 13 handicap. Thinking it would be a pretty smooth transition.

I play the c300 in a kbs 90 stiff and I also have a set of the c200's in the same shaft. a robot might measure a difference in the two sets but I doubt I could. I don't loose anything playing the backup bag so either set could work for you if you can find a set in a good shape in your price range.

I've not hit the D200 but both the C200 and C300 have been good to me. Something will need to beat the c300's out of my bag and I don't see my irons as holding me back.

Anyone still gaming these?
Looking for a cheap upgrade from my D200's. Was looking at the C300 non forged. I"m around a 13 handicap. Thinking it would be a pretty smooth transition.
Yes, I'm still gaming my C300 Forged w/Elements Chrome shafts. Great irons, great feel. I've been playing them for 2 years now, switched over from the C200's with the same shaft. I'm still impressed with their performance and as a 13 you shouldn't have any issues gaming them.

c300 Forged ain't going anywhere

So frickin’ good. C300 Forged are forged players irons that play more like GI irons than some actual GI iron sets. When these were closing out at like $400 for a set, I bought two sets I liked them so much. Shafted one up with SF 95, and kept the other with the stock KBS Tour 105. Love both sets, and may prefer the KBS Tour a bit, but my joints prefer the SF...

I wish I would have selected the Forged when we won the wilson event a few years ago. I am still gaming my c300 non-forged and love them but haven't really gotten over the sound they make lol. but I can strike them well and the feel is perfect for me, I can't replace that just yet!

I wish I would have selected the Forged when we won the wilson event a few years ago. I am still gaming my c300 non-forged and love them but haven't really gotten over the sound they make lol. but I can strike them well and the feel is perfect for me, I can't replace that just yet!
Fun times :drinks:

Using the C200's in that event the natural progression for me would have been the C300's. I really liked the look of the C300 Forged and I'm so glad I took the chance.

Well I took the plunge with a great deal on the bay. Here’s to hoping these are a slight upgrade on my d200

I've still got the C300 Forged in a backup bag and I pull them out from time to time. Very underrated iron that feels so good.

So like I said above, I bought these a month or so ago and have put them threw a few paces at the range. Anyone else move from the KBS 90 to something else? I'm a little concerned about how high these things go. I mean they launch into outer space. I've never played with iron shafts before. Always just used the one with the set I bought. This one seems like a change may be necessary.
Thanks.

So like I said above, I bought these a month or so ago and have put them threw a few paces at the range. Anyone else move from the KBS 90 to something else? I'm a little concerned about how high these things go. I mean they launch into outer space. I've never played with iron shafts before. Always just used the one with the set I bought. This one seems like a change may be necessary.
Thanks.
I ordered Elements Chrome, which is listed as "high" launch, in my set of C300 Forged. I don't notice excessive launch. Though even my 5i can hold a green, which works for the way I play.

Interested in hearing others responses as well as what shafts you decide to go with.

Thanks.
I have ProjectX Flighted in mine

Back