Review Wilson Launch Pad FY Review

Yep, this thing was as easy as advertised to hit!

First swing out of the gate, off a tee, really good height just a bit left, but great distance. Second swing, off the deck, was exactly what I needed on a long approach on a par 4 and gave me a look at birdie. I do not get along with many fairway woods or hybrids and this thing fills that gap between them perfectly for my bag. And the Helium shaft was way better than I remember it, I was pleasantly surprised and can't wait to see what it can do for me at the top of my bag in 2020.
Right? I'm not sure why being in the middle of a fairway and a hybrid works, but it does.

I'm interested in hearing the feedback from these. Pics look good!

Right? I'm not sure why being in the middle of a fairway and a hybrid works, but it does.
It was quite easy to swing, which was surprising, and the face felt really hot, the ball just flew.

I see myself either wanting or needing this club. Not the case with the rest of the LP line.

Maybe it was the stiff shaft not fitting me but I didn't find the FY all that good. To me it was a hybrid on a long shaft.
To be sure I wasn't imagining things I measured my Xrail 3h and the Fy was only 1/8" longer from front to back and same length heel to toe.

The fitting center by me has one in Reg flex so I will give it another whirl.
I was also testing the Flash Heavenwood and the HW beat it hands down. A good 10-20 yds longer

I sold it to @IceyShanks so maybe he will have better luck.

Back